Author Topic: Show Cart Pricing Issues  (Read 4012 times)

kraftworkz

• Beginner
Show Cart Pricing Issues
« on: May 02, 2008, 10:05:05 am »
I have an issue with the price changing on me and I cannot find it in the configuration anywhere. Help is needed, thank you in advance.

I have a product for $18.99, so I click on the add to cart button. It goes to the side module and says that there is $18.99 in my cart. I then click on the show cart button and in the cart the price is different,it's $20.56

What's causing the price change before shipping is even added? I have gone through and made sure no tax and so on. Help in solving this mystery.

TheSven

• Beginner
Re: Show Cart Pricing Issues
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2008, 22:42:50 pm »
It's adding 8.25% tax.  Check your tax settings under the 'Price Configuration' and 'Tax Configuration' settings on the 'Global' tab of the VirtueMart Configuration page.

kraftworkz

• Beginner
« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2008, 23:06:54 pm »
What I found out it: I set a weight of .5 lbs and it did not take, it changed it to 5.0 lbs and that was adding the extra charges for some reason.

Problem solved..

TheSven

• Beginner
« Reply #3 on: May 03, 2008, 23:12:12 pm »
Yup.  That would do it.  Unchecking the 'Virtual Tax' checkbox would probably do the same thing since you were most likely taxing products with zero weight.

Glad you got it.

kraftworkz

• Beginner
« Reply #4 on: May 03, 2008, 23:25:05 pm »
Tax was never an issue. Tax is not checked nor configured in my store. It was just the shipping.

Thanks..

FPM-MotorSports