Author Topic: Url mismatch  (Read 3635 times)

Harld

• Beginner
    • ASPerience BV
Url mismatch
« on: May 03, 2008, 14:57:08 pm »
Hi, first of all happy to be here, playing with virtuemart quite some time now and after the release of 1.1, btw a great piece of code!,i finalaly registered today. Hope i can be helpfull for other VM users. :)

But now my question about the URL crap, I had VM working but after testing a few products i saw that the link to a product from a catogory page didn't work. Played around with category style and flypages for a while but did find out what went wrong. Finaly i saw the next thing happening:

when going to a category page i see a link to sub category page, opening this page give's a list of products. The link on a product gives a 404 :o error.
the url is this:

/shop/virtuemart?page=shop.product_details&flypage=garden_flypage.tpl&product_id=17&category_id=19&option=com_virtuemart?Itemid=1

there i saw the problem, i was missing some piece of url string.
So i went back to the product list en for fun clicked on the price sorting.
But the strange thing is when i sort on price, the url is ok and working.
Did i make a config blooper or is this a bug know by others?

Did not find any topic in this direction so started a new one.

Hope someone can help! ???

with regard
Harld Verbiesen
ASPerience
with regard,
Harld Verbiesen
ASPerience BV

Harld

• Beginner
    • ASPerience BV
Re: Url mismatch
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2008, 16:23:19 pm »
What is it with questions? The sollution is quite simple , DON'T USE JOOMLA SEF!!!
What was i thinking. :-[ Now it's time to gone play with some smartsef.

I still don't know how to use smartsef and if i have to turn joomla sef totaly off? (configuration, and plugins) Well i keep you posted. ;D
with regard,
Harld Verbiesen
ASPerience BV