News:

Looking for documentation? Take a look on our wiki

Main Menu

Access Violation

Started by reefcrew, May 02, 2008, 18:27:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

reefcrew

I am not sure what I did or if I actually did anything but the UPS mod is no longer working.

It was working correctly.

Now when going through the checkout and I get to the shipping section I get the following error message "PHP has encountered an Access Violation at 00000000"

If I disable the UPS Mod everything works fine. The only other shipping mod I have enabled is the Sell Online (Canada Post) mod.

I am running Joomla 1.5 on VM 1.1

Any ideas on how to correct this?

reefcrew

I have now updated to Loomla 1.5.3 and still have the same issue.

I have re-requested my keys just in case and again still not working.

I am still getting the access Violation. Anyone else having this issue?

aravot

Try disabling 'Canada Post' module and see if it works, if doesn't upload only UPS module, make sure you save your info first.

reefcrew

I disabled the Canada post module and enabled the UPS Module with the same result of the access violation.

I updated Virtuemart to the 05/12/2008 nightly build just in case and still have the same issue.

In the above reply, it was said I should upload just the UPS module, can you provide a URL to the latest module build so I can try to upload this to confirm functionality.

aravot

The module is not available separately, you need to unpack the VM zip file and upload 3 UPS files. 

reefcrew

Copied over the 3 files, and reconfigured the shipping info and again smae issue,  "PHP has encountered an Access Violation at 00000000"

reefcrew

As per the Joomla System info I am running PHP 5.2.0

reefcrew

Just in case, Here are some additional details

System Info:

PHP Built on: Windows NT DEDI201 5.2 build 3790
Database Version: 5.0.22-community-max-nt
Database Collation:  utf8_general_ci
PHP Version: 5.2.0
Web Server: Microsoft-IIS/6.0
Web Server to PHP interface: isapi
Joomla! Version: Joomla! 1.5.3 Production/Stable [ Vahi ] 22-April-2008 22:00 GMT

reefcrew

Some additional insight... I just realized that I created this post reporting an error May 2, 2008

This date also happens to be the same date that my hosting company upgraded my PHP version from 4.?? to the current 5.2.0

This was done due to a conflict with a Joomla plugin (Site Backup) that required a newer version of PHP.

This would explain why it was working and then stopped working.

I guess the question now is, do I have to revert back to the older version of PHP or is there an easy fix that would allow the UPS module to work with the newer versions of PHP?

aravot

My php version is same as yours and UPS works the only difference is I am on linux and you on Windows, we have not tested VM with IIS because none of us have IIS.

reefcrew

Sould I ask my hosting company to revert back to the 4.?? to see if this resolves the issue?

Since I am hosting with a company running IIS is there anything I can do to assist?

reefcrew

The issue has now been resolved. I contacted my hosting provider and they were able to resolve the issue. A description what they did is below.

Dear client, the reason that your site encounter "PHP has encountered an Access Violation" is that, your application was running on php isapi mode, which will only able to access the memory within the range that assigned by its application pool. I changed your application to run on php5 cgi mode which can access the memory outside the application pool limit.

Thanks for all the assistance and I hope this resolutions helps others that may encounter a similar issue

aravot

Quote from: reefcrew on May 21, 2008, 13:05:34 PM
Dear client, the reason that your site encounter "PHP has encountered an Access Violation" is that, your application was running on php isapi mode, which will only able to access the memory within the range that assigned by its application pool. I changed your application to run on php5 cgi mode which can access the memory outside the application pool limit.

Thank you for the feedback

pcjunkie

CGI mode can cause the admin in Joomla canfigeration settings page to fail. There currently is no fix for this yet in Joomla 1.1. I have it running on a CGI mode PHP server and its failing to save anything.