Author Topic: Setting password in VeriSign PayFlow Pro  (Read 6355 times)

Darheim

• Beginner
Setting password in VeriSign PayFlow Pro
« on: May 02, 2008, 03:44:26 am »
I have been trying endlessly to input the password for VeriSign PayFlow Pro. It acts as though it is accepting it, but when I attempt to test an order, I get this message:

Error: Failure in Processing the Payment. Technical Note: The required passwird is empty! The payment method settings must be reviewed.
Error: Failure in Processing the Payment (payflow_pro)

Any suggestions on how to fix this problem.
BTW - I am using Joomla 1.5.3 and VirtueMart 1.1 and using HTML-form selection. I got the same error when using payment processor instead of html. I am going to assume the same will occur if I use credit card as a choice.
**********************************************************************************
UPDATE - I have managed to create a new payment method using credit card, and then pasting the payflow script in the config box. The payment class is ps_payment rather than PayFlow. This way no boxes show asking for PayFlow info and no password box. The method works fine since that info is on PayPals site in the configuration. Everything worked fine EXCEPT for 1 item. Virtuemart is not passing the amount of the order to PayFlow. If I leave it blank in the script, then I get an error when it gets to the PayFlow site. If I use a dollar amount in the script, that is what shows rather than the price of the order. Anyone know how to make VirtueMart have a nice 1 on 1 discussion with the PayFlow script and reveal the total cost of the order? I have printed the PayFlow manual and will be reading it over the weekend. Should I find a solution before someone posts one here, then I'll post it. Any help given is greatly appreciated.

emuphilip

• Beginner
Re: Setting password in VeriSign PayFlow Pro
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2008, 13:59:06 pm »
Hi

We have the same prob - ie our Payflow password is not being saved and therefore wont send to Paypal during a sale. Anyone worked out a fix?

Thanks

lamp

• Beginner
« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2008, 22:30:41 pm »
I've tried configuring the Verisign PayFlow Pro payment module which comes with VirtueMart 1.1.0 for joomla 1.5 and can't get the Transaction Key/Password configured either.

anyone have any progress?

Mike M

• Beginner
« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2008, 00:45:19 am »
I've had a hard time with the passkey as well. For me I can't even get in to modify it. I input the proper passkey, but it tells me it's wrong. I even thought about clearing out the blob in the database just to blank it out, but I chickened out.  ;)

freshice

• Beginner
« Reply #4 on: May 28, 2008, 09:42:17 am »
After taking the following steps, Payflow Pro seems to work on our VM1.1 site:
1. Make some changes to the file
../administrator/components/com_virtuemart/classes/payment/payflow_pro.php

a. Change all instances of mosgetparam() to vmGet() in the file.

b. Change line 219, FROM:
$database->query( "SELECT ".VM_DECRYPT_FUNCTION."(payment_passkey,'".ENCODE_KEY."') as passkey FROM #__{vm}_payment_method WHERE payment_class='".$this->classname."' AND shopper_group_id='".$auth['shopper_group_id']."'" );
TO:
$database->query( "SELECT ".VM_DECRYPT_FUNCTION."(payment_passkey,'".ENCODE_KEY."') as passkey FROM #__{vm}_payment_method WHERE payment_class='".$this->classname."'");

c.Change line 259, FROM:
Code: [Select]
'TRXTYPE' => 'A'TO:
Code: [Select]
'TRXTYPE' => 'S',
2. Access the Payflow Pro payment method in VM.  Put in your details.  To enter a password you:
"have to first enter your Joomla site admin password to make the 'transaction id' field active. Then enter your Payflow Pro password into the 'transaction id' field and re-enter your Joomla site admin password into the password field and submit." See: http://www.pdncommunity.com/pdn/board/message?board.id=payflow&thread.id=101

Hope this works for you too.