Author Topic: Credit Card Type Fails To Show  (Read 19450 times)

Darheim

• Beginner
Credit Card Type Fails To Show
« on: May 01, 2008, 00:15:03 am »
I am setting up using the PayFlow Pro. Have selected allowed cards and inputted all info. When I ran a test, the problem showed up. In checkout, it will say "Credit Card Type" but gives no drop down box. I filled in other required info, but when I click to continue it errors saying credit card type not found. How do I correct this problem? Have tested this in both Firefox 3.0.5 and IE 7.0 and 8.0 beta and am pretty sure the result will be the same in Firefox 2.0.

Jim McFarland

• Beginner
Re: Credit Card Type Fails To Show
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2008, 00:33:49 am »
I cannot make any guarantees, but since this will only take 30 seconds you should give it a try.

Near the very top of your main index.php file, just after the <head> statement try adding the following statement:

<?php mosShowHead(); ?>

It might be a little bit hard to read on the screen, so to clarify let me state that sandwiched in between the word Head and the semicolon are an open and close parentheses (it's not the number zero and it's not the letter "O").

It would look something like this:

<!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Transitional//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-transitional.dtd">
     <html xmlns="http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml">
     <head>
        <?php mosShowHead(); ?>
        <meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html;charset=UTF-8" />

Hope this works for you.

Darheim

• Beginner
« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2008, 07:01:22 am »
Jim,

I appreciate your looking into this and your suggestion. I did find out the reason it wouldn't show is because I was not requiring registration. Once I required registration, the credit card field showed up. I have seen some other posts about this same issue. Personally, I'd rather not require registration, but if it's the only way to make it work, then so be it.

I do appreciate your help, though.

mknz

• Beginner
    • National Underground
« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2008, 16:59:44 pm »
Any other ideas? 

gomadurai

• Beginner
« Reply #4 on: August 13, 2008, 09:09:24 am »
this problem because of virtuemart uses "mambojavascript: changeDynaList()" to generate list boxes.

madhangc

• Beginner
« Reply #5 on: November 18, 2008, 14:42:51 pm »
Yup, It was the issue with the mambo script which it uses,

<script language="Javascript" type="text/javascript" src="/includes/js/joomla.javascript.js">

I just added this line in "list_payment_methods.tpl.php" it is working fine now.

\Madhan

brett.hooker

• Beginner
« Reply #6 on: January 13, 2009, 03:07:42 am »
We fixed this on JM 1.0+ and VM 1.1.2 by letting the mainframe class know that there is a script to be added to the page.

This was done by:
1) Edit joomla_home/administrator/components/com_virtuemart/classes/ps_creditcard.php

2) Find function creditcard_lists( &$db_cc ) {   (line 261 in my file)

3) Add this line immediately after the function declaration (this allows the function to access the mainframe variable)
      global $mainframe;

4) Add one more line, after line 274 (   $db_cc->reset();  )
      $mainframe->addCustomHeadTag( '<script src="'.SECUREURL.'/includes/js/joomla.javascript.js" type="text/javascript"></script>' );

This line tells the mainframe handler to load the required javascript file to handle the changeDynaList() method.

Soeren

• Administrator
  • VirtueMart Starter
    • virtuemart.net
« Reply #7 on: January 14, 2009, 21:21:07 pm »
The correct fix would be

Code: [Select]
if( vmIsjoomla('1.0' )) {
$mainframe->addCustomHeadTag( '<script src="'.SECUREURL.'/includes/js/joomla.javascript.js" type="text/javascript"></script>' );
}

to make sure it's only executed on Joomla! 1.0.

Thanks!

ciao, Sören
The future of eCommerce: VirtueMart & Joomla!
http://virtuemart.net

cdixon

• Beginner
« Reply #8 on: January 14, 2009, 22:22:27 pm »
Will this work with Joomla 1.5?

dontflinch

« Reply #9 on: January 15, 2009, 21:27:29 pm »
Please also see this thread:

http://forum.virtuemart.net/index.php?topic=40477.0

I've been following this issue there.

I am trying to get this fixed in the 1.1.2/1.5.8 ecommerce edition.

I have a site pretty much ready to go live except for this (and another smaller) problem.

dontflinch

« Reply #10 on: January 27, 2009, 04:05:08 am »
ok, I have tried at least a dozen different ways to fix this with no success.  I have tried everything listed in about 4 or 5 posts about this here and a few other things I dreamt up.

I have the site just about finished except for this problem.

Can anyone tell me a sure fix for this "dynalist" problem?  or maybe I can hack that list_payment_method file to use another type of credit card list and not even use dynalist?  I only want to use mastercard and visa options so how about radio buttons or check boxes?

I am willing to pay $5 maybe up to $10 if someone can fix this problem and make the drop down choice dynalist work.

see my versions in the post right above this please. 
I am sure hoping some skilled vm'er will help me please.

tkubaska

• Beginner
« Reply #11 on: January 29, 2009, 01:59:58 am »
Here is what fixes the problem for me...

This is not a problem with VirtueMart. It was a problem with the template I was using (a custom template).

In /templates/<put the name of your template here>/index.php add the following lines

Code: [Select]
<script language="Javascript" type="text/javascript"

src="https://<put your URL here>/includes/js/joomla.javascript.js">

</script>

Put these two lines just before </head>

tkubaska

• Beginner
« Reply #12 on: January 29, 2009, 02:00:45 am »
oh, I have 1.1.3/1.58 -ted

richm

« Reply #13 on: April 25, 2009, 17:01:38 pm »
In /templates/<put the name of your template here>/index.php add the following lines

I appear to have fixed my problem this way with the new rockettheme mynxx template and V1.1.3 J1.5.10.  Be careful to change the URL to YOUR URL.

smp5656

• Beginner
« Reply #14 on: April 26, 2009, 18:02:41 pm »
I am also using the mynxx template and cant get the dropdown to show. If you could psot your fix that would be very much appreciated.

Thanks