Author Topic: Address Line 2 not showing on Order Details or Confirmation E-Mail.  (Read 8101 times)

FavoriteU

Address Line 2 is not showing on Order Details or Confirmation e-mail.  Instead a blank line is where it should be so the output is actually like:

Store Name
Address 1

City, State, Zip

when it *should* look like:

Store Name
Address 1
Address 2
City, State, Zip

I'm not sure why this is, as address_2 is defined under Edit Store Information and is listed in the "Store Address Format".  Might there be a mis-spelled variable somewhere??

FavoriteU

Aravot, with all due respect, I didn't make it up.  Address line 2 for my store is not showing up on customer's order confirmation or their online copy of the order.

Please see screen captures.

EDIT: SCREEN CAPTURES REMOVED NOW THAT BUG IS CONFIRMED TO PROTECT SITE PRIVACY.

thewitt

This is controlled in the Configuration section - Address Configuration

-t

aravot

• Peter
  • Quality&Testing Team
    • VirtueMart Extensions
FavoriteU, when did I said you made it up, we run test base on users feedback, now base on your images I see that you mean vendor address_2 and not customer's address_2, before I write this as a bug, let me check email template.

FavoriteU

aravot:  Sorry, I guess the original post wasn't clear.  I do appreciate all of your help, and I have been pitching in and answering questions where I can on easier questions so people like you can handle the hard stuff.

thewitt: I don't see what you are talking about anywhere.  Under "Edit Store" you can insert your address and there is even a "Store Address Format" so you can choose how it is displayed.  I don't see anywhere else to manage Address Configuration in the Configuration or Store menus.  If I am missing something, can you show me exactly where it is?

FavoriteU

thank you.

FavoriteU

***Found additional problem (bug?) that might be related***

It seems the {storename} variable is being used to store the buyer's name at some point during the checkout process.  How do I know?

In "Store Configuration" under "Store Address Format"  I removed the {storename} field and replaced it with hardcoded text.  When I did that, instead of showing the buyer's name in the checkout, my same hardcoded text came up.

I.E.

I changed the format to look like this:

MY_TEXT <-replaced {storename}
{address_1}
{address_2}

When running a test order, the buyer's name popped up as MY_TEXT.

Replacing {storename} should have nothing to do with the BUYER. There seems to be some variable misuse somewhere.

aravot

• Peter
  • Quality&Testing Team
    • VirtueMart Extensions
The first issue 'address_2' is fixed in SVN, will look into the second issue.