Author Topic: Paypal disconnect  (Read 2969 times)

phdesign7

• Beginner
Paypal disconnect
« on: April 29, 2008, 00:48:36 am »
I recently designed g-bags.com for my client and he's been receiving email from his customers saying they don't understand why their orders aren't going through. I have confirmed VM is working properly. Currently, the site only accepts paypal. When the customer completes the order he/she is routed to a paypal page to pay. The problem is that people see the order is placed and don't realize they need to go to paypal to pay. (Why they think their order is complete when they never enter their CC # is beyond me!)

Long story short, I need to put some sort of message in the checkout process or a redirect after checkout is complete to tell people they NEED to fill out the paypal screens after they placed their order. Has anyone been able to do that or know of a code snippet I can grab?

Any help is appreciated.
Thanks

Napier

Re: Paypal disconnect
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2008, 01:17:34 am »
I had a similar problem on my site - basically people would confirm the checkout and when they clicked "Continue to Paypal" they would be sent back to the main page - when I upgraded to VM 1.1 it fixed this... or seemed to - you should do a test order and make sure thats not the case.

phdesign7

• Beginner
Re: Paypal disconnect
« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2008, 01:22:14 am »
No the redirect works perfectly. It seems to be people simply don't understand why it takes them to paypal. Personally I think its obvious why it takes you to paypal. VM is doing everything it should, I just need to dummyproof it.