News:

Support the VirtueMart project and become a member

Main Menu

Authorize.net

Started by Bruce Morgan, April 29, 2008, 04:01:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bruce Morgan

I tried upgrading to 1.1 today and encourntewred a few probles bu the real deal buster is I have lost my authorize.net configuration and paswword information.  When I opened the payment module I was staring at a different user name and password. I was able to chnage the user name by editing the config file but when I tried to enter in the correct password, I received an error message that the password does not match the user name.  Furthermore this message locks up the whole control panel and I have to close that windown and repopen it and log back in.  Any suggestions????

Bruce
www.pepper-passion.com

bastone7

Remember to use the joomla admin password to set this up. Hope this helps

Bruce Morgan

That did solve the problem.  I faced this once before but forgot how to deal with it.  It would be helpful if the instruction to enter the password were more explicit.  It migh also help to woarn people upgrading the that upgrade procedure will lose their authorize.net configuration daya AND will put the systme in test mode.

Bruce

FavoriteU

I think it would also be helpful if the "Authorize.net Login ID" field was more clear.  This is *not* your Authorize.net website login but rather the Authorize.net API Login ID.  After three VM installs w/ Authorize.net, this still trips me up the first time and then I feel like an idiot when I realize the mistake.  If the help field beside the input box said it was for the API and not just "Authorize.net login ID" then maybe some confusion would be eliminated.

iamarche

Hello,
I'm new here. I have Joomla 1.5.3 and VM 1.1 installed. I'm getting an error:

Error: Failure in Processing the Payment. Technical Note: The required transaction key is empty! The payment method settings must be reviewed.
Error: Failure in Processing the Payment (ps_authorize)

Part of the problem, however, is that when I click to set the Authorize.net Transaction Key and input the code, the browser seems to process it but I'm not advanced to another page. Also the code seems to not "stick" because when I click on the "Show/Change the Password/Transaction Key, no code shows up.

Please help.

iamarche

Is anyone out there to help?

I guess what I've read about VM is coming true: It's a great product but with hardly any support from anyone. So what good is anything if it doesn't work?

I really hope I'm wrong about my first impressions, but could someone please tell me if this is a bug and that I should just move on and find other solutions. I even switched processors just to have one that VM supported. I just wasted money in the application fee.

FavoriteU

iamarche,

Authorize.Net works with Joomla 1.5.3 and VM 1.1.  I am using it myself to process Visa, Mastercard and Amex.  One of the things I would advise you to do is start over and check every single field, including the Transaction Key.  One of the weird things about the Authorize.Net configuration in VM is that its not very sticky... if you move from one screen to the next it may not save what you entered.  So fill out a field, save.  Fill out another field, save.  Don't move from one screen to the next until you have saved or submitted after every entry.

If you need some more help, send me a PM and be as specific as possible... I'll do what I can.  You'll probably have to go to Authorize.Net and request a new transaction key though as they don't last very long.

Regarding VM Support... its not that its not there, but it is difficult sometimes.  People like to come to find answers but once they find them don't update their posts and often just move on to something else.  Also many users who find answers don't bother to come back and help someone else.  I have many posts up here that for whatever reason have not been responded to, but the best way to fight that is to help others when you can and hope someone will take notice and help you when they can.  Its a community and its starts with each of us as individuals.  Sometimes you have to give back before you can receive.

iamarche

Thanks for the encouragement FavoriteU. I've PM'd you.

FavoriteU

iamarche,

I just finished writing you back.  I tried to be very detailed, and went through ever step of my configuration.  Let me know if my response helps you get it working, and if it does, we'll post it back in this thread for the next people that stumbles upon it.

Good luck.

kingtech

Out of curiosity - you mention this will work with J 1.5.2 and VM 1.1 - I am running j1.0.15 and vm1.1 ... not seeing Authorize.net payment module in the default setup... I have not found any modules in the payment section here for download... I do see another's post containing an attachment ps_authorize.php.zip - is this the payment module you are referring to or is it built in to the J 1.5 version?

FavoriteU

I never downloaded anything special for Authorize.Net, ps_authorize has been in every VM install I've ever done. 

Its not called "Authorize.Net" for the Payment method, its called Credit Card (I believe).  But in there you can choose the processor and one of them (Default I believe) is ps_authorize for Authorize.Net.

iamarche

Thanks FavoriteU for your help. I feel like I'm getting somewhere. The instructions you e-mailed me helped, but now I'm stuck on this. Now when I do a test transaction, I get the following errors:

Error: connect() timed out!
Error: The transaction could not be completed.
Error: Failure in Processing the Payment (ps_authorize)

Any ideas?

iamarche

By the way, when I say "test transaction" I mean to say that my gateway (Authorize.net) is NOT on test mode. In other words, I'm using a real credit card number and my test mode setting is "NO." According to Authorize.net, my transactions aren't going through.

Please help.

-Harry

kingtech

Thank you for your help FavoriteU, I should have RTFM I suppose! Setting it up is pretty simple...

Graphic 3

can you use https a secure server w/ authorize.net and if so could someone explain how it works?
iPhone, Droid and Blackberry App downloads and reviews
http://www.app-talk.com