Author Topic: [SERIOUS!] VM 1.1 & JoomFish 2.0  (Read 4439 times)

Sebastian

• Beginner
[SERIOUS!] VM 1.1 & JoomFish 2.0
« on: May 30, 2008, 23:24:21 pm »
Hello everyone,

I guess I'm not alone nor the first to point at this problem, but there's an extreme need for a fix.

I should probably post the same thing on the JoomFish forums, however, seems that one of their moderators is not very keen on answering question and solving problems and actually officially stated he's not gonna support VM anymore (http://www.joomfish.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=24&t=1214#p5010). Perhaps all the arrogance I feel is only a subjective matter, so if anyone feels offended by what I said I apologize.

Now, to the problem:

Specs:

Joomla! 1.5.3
VirtueMart 1.1
JoomFish 2.0 Beta

If I translate categories, I can switch easily between languages, but once I add a product translation, I get only categories OR products translated, the rest stays in the default language - detailed description of the problem already posted by another user here:

http://www.joomfish.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=24&t=1073#p4285

Now, since I know that the contents CAN indeed be translated, I really think that a fix to make them work together must be easy. I don't have much PHP knowledge, but I guess that someone who has enough of it, could make VM 1.1 and Joomfish 2.0 work.

Ivo Apostolov, in the post where he states they're not gonna support VM anymore said that there ARE fixes and hacks to make them work, but he wasn't friendly enough to say where to find them. You can't even ask him, since he said he'll not answer any questions. So I guess we'll have to find them ourselves.

Anyone has any hint? I'm desperate - I really need to get this working, since I've got a client waiting, and I'd really like to use the new VM.

Thanks,

Seb

jazzymc

• Beginner
Re: [SERIOUS!] VM 1.1 & JoomFish 2.0
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2008, 22:00:53 pm »
Hello, unfortunately I can't help you, but I confirm the problem. I have the same configuration as you and when I edit a category the translation of the product doesn't work. I'm investigating the problem and do my best to find a fix, if I make it work I'll tell you asap.

Also, if someone find a way to resolve this (using some hacking and patching) It will be wonderful to share his experience 

Sebastian

• Beginner
« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2008, 00:59:26 am »
Hello and thanks!
I've downgraded to VM 1.0.15, Joomla 1.0.15 and Joomfish 1.8.2 and it works. However, since VM 1.1 is *SO MUCH* better (as is Joomla 1.5), I can't wait to find a fix for the Joomfish problem to get it working as it should.
I will too try to find a fix. As soon as I'll know more, I'll post it here.

Thanks again,

Seb

dino00

• Beginner
« Reply #3 on: July 30, 2008, 13:20:41 pm »
I too can confirm this. Is there any news on how to correct? Does it depend on VM code or Joomfish's? VM developers are going to do something about it? I've almost entirely finished my site on J1.5 and now I get this absurd error and I have to return to J1.