Author Topic: different e-mails for different products  (Read 3036 times)

yuki

• Beginner
different e-mails for different products
« on: April 27, 2008, 19:24:40 pm »
Hi,
I would like to send to my customers different e-mail contents I wrote for every different products. It is possible for VM to do this? ??? ???

Mike

• Beginner
Re: different e-mails for different products
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2008, 20:49:11 pm »
When you say a different email for every[/] product? what do you mean, how different are these emails you are wanting to send?

Would changing the template not work for you? All I would of thought 99.9% of virtuemart users would want is to include the different products information and prices in an email. This can all be accomplished in the templates.

yuki

• Beginner
« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2008, 21:45:38 pm »
Thank you so much for replying :D
I mean because I sell digital products.I would like my e-amil contains some information like "special password" or "special download link" or "bonus download link"etc.The links are all different for each product,the passwords, too. So...these are the informations for people who buy the product only. That is why....Could you help me?? ???

Mike

• Beginner
« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2008, 23:49:51 pm »
With regards to the download link then this could be created with a normal download-able product (see the manual for detailed instructions) however this would be the same file for every purchase.
They would need to purchase to download it?

With regards to a password this is a little more difficult as not only would you need to create a random password but you would then need to record it to the database so the user could login along with all of there other details.

I don't believe all of this uniqueness is possible if I understand what you are trying to accomplish properly.