Author Topic: "Add to Cart" won't work with sh404SEF enabled  (Read 24415 times)

FavoriteU

Re: "Add to Cart" won't work with sh404SEF enabled
« Reply #15 on: May 02, 2008, 21:23:13 pm »
Just wondering, are you all using one of the non-htaccess options of sh404SEF or .htaccess?  I'm using .htaccess and haven't seen this issue, but I did find some problems with the non-htaccess option (which I believe is still a bit beta). 

robbluther

• Beginner
    • PIC
« Reply #16 on: May 02, 2008, 21:26:33 pm »
Good point.  I am using .htaccess because I couldn't get it to work right with non .htaccess.  I am tempted to try SmartSEF, but I really like sh404sef a lot.

WillF

• Beginner
    • Ad Warriors
« Reply #17 on: May 02, 2008, 21:40:43 pm »
They are all the same versions of firefox. The problem may have been related to a cache on that computer, but this is a consistent fix when I apply disable 'activate security functions"  on all my sites.
I'm using a shared ssl, and vm sometimes has a problem  going into secure mode with that because the secure site ssl is not recognized as "live".  Anyway, we don't need  "activate security functions" in sh404sef when we're in secure mode in vm.

FavoriteU I'm using .htaccess
robbluther  pls let us know if you succeed w SmartSEF.  suggest full backups (I use JoomlaCloner) before making any changes w/ any SEF. I've broken sites more often w/ sef than all other reasons combined and jc saves me.

FavoriteU

« Reply #18 on: May 02, 2008, 22:44:30 pm »
I'm on using a dedicated SSL with its own IP so that is different as well.  Nonetheless, I'm going to turn off the sh404SEF security features... at least until we have some better information about this.  I haven't seen it report anything anyway.

I too am curious how SmartSEF works out.  Please keep us posted.

For my older (J! 1.0.x and VM 1.0.x) sites I use Artio and like it a lot, but I'm not too keen on the subscription model they have introduced for version 3.  That's why I jumped over to sh404SEF.  I don't mind paying (or donating which I do when I find something I use) but I don't like having to keep paying for it over and over again.

WillF -> Thanks for the tip on JoomlaCloner.  I need to try that.

zsoller

• Beginner
« Reply #19 on: May 10, 2008, 13:50:51 pm »
sh404SEF and vm 1.1 is working like charm for me, my specs are:
- vm 1.1.0
- sh404SEF Version_1.3.4     
- I use .htaccess (have to set it up in sh404SEF too!!)
- I use sh404SEF security options (except honypot, but i plan to implement it too)
- I use ajax for vm
- i dont use any https pages

I think thats all, maybe your htacces file and shared server is messing up things :/

Edit:
even my "ask for price" (when 0 credit is set up for price) form is (almost) "repaired" with sh404, because
before:
I have a product that has special characters (iso-8859-2) like áőúűé on the "ask for price" form the characters after the first special character is trimmed, like
product name: abcdáabcdé
clicking on the "ask for price" link the forms body is pre-filled,
"ask for price: abcdáabcdé" should be like this, but instead it is:
"ask for price: abcd"

With sh404SEF it is better now because the form body is pre-filled with this:
"ask for price: abcd=áabcd=é"
So it puts an equotation mark right before the spec chars.

Edit #2:
I checked the "known issues" topic and saw this:
AJAX add-to-cart button doesn't work with sh404SEF Fixed in VM 1.1.1 
but i have only 1.1.0 installed

FavoriteU

« Reply #20 on: May 10, 2008, 14:43:40 pm »
How is your search pagination working out with that setup?  Mine is broken past page 1.

zsoller

• Beginner
« Reply #21 on: May 10, 2008, 15:21:26 pm »
How is your search pagination working out with that setup?  Mine is broken past page 1.

It is also working like a charm, advanced search also working.
Actually i dont have more than 50 prducts, but pagination works well too if i set up for example the "show 20 products per page" option.
(Actually my site is hosted by a very good hosting company, its the cheapest/best in the country, only 50 euro/year with domain name, 100mbit/s, 500Mbyte, subdomains,10 email address, unlimited aliases, unlimited traffic, cpanel etc)

But, i cant get the " sh404SEF Custom tags module" get working properly, only the title and description is filled automaticly, but to keywords nothing is written.
I edited the template to add into the footer a module, and i published custom tags module there but than the whole fronted is gone (white page). (In faq it is said that it must be published to the last module on the page)

Does anyone know whats the problem?

And for this?
"ask for price" (when 0 credit is set up for price) form is (almost) "repaired" with sh404, because
before:
I have a product that has special characters (iso-8859-2) like áőúűé on the "ask for price" form the characters after the first special character is trimmed, like
product name: abcdáabcdé
clicking on the "ask for price" link the forms body is pre-filled,
"ask for price: abcdáabcdé" should be like this, but instead it is:
"ask for price: abcd"
With sh404SEF it is better now because the form body is pre-filled with this:
"ask for price: abcd=áabcd=é"
So it puts an equotation mark right before the spec chars.

FavoriteU

« Reply #22 on: May 10, 2008, 16:49:55 pm »

It is also working like a charm, advanced search also working.
Actually i dont have more than 50 prducts, but pagination works well too if i set up for example the "show 20 products per page" option.

I have 4333 products in my store thus far.  My pagination seemed to work the first time for multiple pages, and then stored those pages as SEF URLs, so now when you search, the first page is actual results, and the following pages are the SEF URLs it has already stored.

Seems like if I could turn off SEF for search like you do for https then it would be fine.  Maybe I should just make my search functions work over https?  It would be more load on the server but if it works, then it works.