Author Topic: "Add to Cart" won't work with sh404SEF enabled  (Read 24310 times)

oldrock

• Beginner
"Add to Cart" won't work with sh404SEF enabled
« on: April 26, 2008, 00:55:49 am »
I'm testing sh404SEF and I find that when I have it enabled the 'Add to Cart' button no longer works.  When I disable sh404SEF it works again.  So far this is the only impact I've found.  I've tried experimenting with different sh404SEF configurations without success.

Has anyone run into this, and solved it?

I'm using VirtueMart 1.1 stable on Joomla 1.5.2

gregdev

• PlainlyCode
Re: "Add to Cart" won't work with sh404SEF enabled
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2008, 03:44:38 am »
Thank you. This is a bug that didn't get fixed before release. I know it is not satisfactory, but does it work if you turn off the AJAX add-to-cart and just use regular posts?

Greg

oldrock

• Beginner
« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2008, 19:57:57 pm »
I'm not sure how to turn off the AJAX add-to-cart.  Is that the same as "Enable Checkout Bar"?  I've tried clearing that and it didn't help.  I can't find any other options related to checkout.

Any plans for this to be fixed soon?  Thanks.

FavoriteU

« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2008, 00:01:27 am »
I'm having the same issue.  Clicking the "Add to Cart" button didn't do anything.  If I disable the Ajax cart functions in Configuration -> Site -> Configuration (theme settings) then the "Add to Cart" button functions fine.  I hope this bug gets fixed as the Ajax support is *much* nicer, but at least there is a simple work around for the problem.

oldrock

• Beginner
« Reply #5 on: April 29, 2008, 03:45:46 am »
Great, thanks.  Any ETA for that?  If it's more than a few days away you might consider updating your "Known Issues" post, where you currently advise using sh404SEF with VM 1.1.

FavoriteU

« Reply #6 on: April 29, 2008, 05:59:11 am »
While my "Add to Cart" is functioning after removing Ajax adds, my Checkout is not.  When trying to access checkout, customers are just returned to the front page.

Is this related to this conflict with sh404SEF, or is it something different?

FavoriteU

« Reply #7 on: April 29, 2008, 06:08:14 am »
That didn't take long.  Let me answer my own question here in case someone else stumbles upon this via search and is having the same problem.

1. My checkout problem was not related to the "Add-to-Cart" ajax issue.
2. My checkout issue has been resolved.

If anyone is using sh404SEF and when clicking on "Checkout" they are instead redirected to the front page, you need to go into the sh404SEF Configuration -> Advanced and mark option "Force non sef if HTTPS" as "YES". 

Others probably already knew that.  I didn't, but found the solution here:
http://extensions.siliana.com/forums/index.php?topic=4907.0

Hope this helps someone else.

oldrock

• Beginner
« Reply #8 on: April 29, 2008, 19:05:26 pm »
Thanks for the alert. I do have the same problem on my test site (I haven't installed sh404SEF on the live site yet), and it is caused by sh404SEF being enabled.  I don't use SSL for checkout (payments are handled by PayPal) so the "https" solution wouldn't work for me even if I could find it, which I can't. 

[I must be overlooking something, but I've been through all six tabs on the sh404SEF configuration page several times. I can't find any "Advanced" configuration, and I can't find the option for "Force non sef if HTTPS" anywhere.]

I'll wait until the fix release of VirtueMart is available and hope that this is problem is fixed too.

FavoriteU

« Reply #9 on: April 29, 2008, 19:15:51 pm »
[I must be overlooking something, but I've been through all six tabs on the sh404SEF configuration page several times. I can't find any "Advanced" configuration, and I can't find the option for "Force non sef if HTTPS" anywhere.]

oldrock, make sure you have enabled "extended display" in the sh404SEF configuration.  When you click on sh404SEF from the components tab in Joomla, you should see some buttons on the left and some info on the right.  There should be a blue exclamation point and beside it should be a link which enables you to switch between "standard display" and "extended display".  If you enable "extended display" you will find many additional configuration options for sh404SEF, not just for VirtueMart, but other components and other detailed sh404SEF settings.

With "extended display" enabled, you should then have the "Advanced" tab under sh404SEF Configuration.

Take a look and let me know if you can find it.

aravot

• Peter
    • VirtueMart Extensions
« Reply #10 on: April 29, 2008, 20:27:23 pm »
Great, thanks.  Any ETA for that?  If it's more than a few days away you might consider updating your "Known Issues" post, where you currently advise using sh404SEF with VM 1.1.

I advise using sh404SEF, because it works for me, granted I don't use AJAX option because the site I use on has only one product hence no need for the ajax, and payment method is cash on pickup.

I know I should have tested all possible variation before recommending it but that simply is not possible due to limited time.

I have installed sh404SEF and VirtueMart 1.1 on a test site (none SSL) will test whatever variation I can think of and fix bugs for next release.

Please do post any bugs if you may find too.

oldrock

• Beginner
« Reply #11 on: April 29, 2008, 21:53:24 pm »
Thanks FavoriteU, I found it.  I hadn't even noticed the "Extended Display" option. Not the clearest way to say "show all configuration options".

I set the "Force non sef if HTTPS" to "YES" and set the SSL URL to "http://[testdomain]/.  It did fix the problem and it now goes to Checkout instead of back to the home page.  Thanks again for your help.

Aravot, no need to apologize.  There's no way you could possibly test all possible varations of either VirtueMart or sh404SEF, let alone both of them combined.  That's what the community is here for!  I saw that you've added a comment that AJAX add-to-cart doesn't work.  Thanks for all the great work you do.   

WillF

• Beginner
    • Ad Warriors
« Reply #12 on: May 02, 2008, 18:20:23 pm »
I was having checkout problems on some computers using firefox but not all with sh404sef enbabled. I disabled 'Activate security functions' in the security tab on sh404sef and now it is working on all computers. I have tested this on several sites on the same previously non-checkouting computers with the same good results.
vm 1.1 , jm 1.0.15

FavoriteU

« Reply #13 on: May 02, 2008, 18:25:49 pm »
I haven't seen this problem yet but I've only tried three different machines (one of which is a MAC) w/ Firefox.  Were all the machines the same version of Firefox?  Thanks for the heads up.  I might go ahead and disable "activate security functions" just to be safe.

robbluther

• Beginner
    • PIC
« Reply #14 on: May 02, 2008, 20:58:32 pm »
I had a similar issue with sh404sef and by turning off all my security configuratons in the sh404sef module, I was able to use it fine.  What I would like to know, is can I specify a URL other than index.php as my checkout langing page?  I will make a more