Author Topic: Fat is undefined  (Read 7588 times)

brick

• Beginner
    • Chicago Bears Fan Site
Fat is undefined
« on: April 25, 2008, 19:09:55 pm »
On almost every admin page where I need to add something (category tree, new product, etc.)  I get an error that says that 'Fat' is undefined and the URL is 'http://mywebsite.com/joomla/administrator/index.php?pshop_mode=admin&page=product.(changes with the page)&option=com_virtuemart'

The line numbers vary by page also.

The result is that the 'New' button does not work on any of the pages.  Any ideas?  Thanks for the help!  :)

gregdev

• PlainlyCode
Re: Fat is undefined
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2008, 05:07:39 am »
Can you check whether any required javascript files are not being included? Using the Web Developer toolbar (for FireFox) you can view all javascript for a page. Look for information saying that a file is missing.

Greg

brick

• Beginner
    • Chicago Bears Fan Site
« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2008, 18:53:40 pm »
I viewed the error console in the developer toolbar, and from what I can tell, all of the errors start here:

Error: syntax error
Source File: http://koretech.net/bsports/components/com_virtuemart/fetchscript.php?gzip=0&subdir[0]=/themes/default&file[0]=theme.js&subdir[1]=/js&file[1]=functions.js&subdir[2]=/js/admin_menu/js&file[2]=virtuemart_menu.js&subdir[3]=/js/admin_menu/js&file[3]=nifty.js&subdir[4]=/js/admin_menu/js&file[4]=fat.js&subdir[5]=/js/extjs2&file[5]=yui-utilities.js&subdir[6]=/js/extjs2&file[6]=ext-yui-adapter.js&subdir[7]=/js/extjs2&file[7]=ext-all.js
Line: 811
Source Code:
</object></layer></span></div></table></body></html><!-- adsok -->

I found that all of the files that this is refering to exist (theme.js, virtuemart_menu.js,fat.js, nifty.js) in the directories they should be in. The error seems to be in the html that is in the fetchscript.php file (</object></layer></span></div></table></body></html><!-- adsok -->) but I am not sure if this is causing the other errors.  I have not edited any of the files, this is a fresh install.  I don't see any errors that refer to missing files though. I am confused  ???  Thanks again for your help!

Ray

jalgarra

• Beginner
« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2008, 19:11:10 pm »
Was there any fix to this? I also get this error and one before it 'EXT' is undefined. These js files are not showing up in the published source. What file needs what permissions to ensure that they get written as they are located where they are supposed to be. This has been bugging me for days. I'm on Joomla! 1.0.15 Stable  and VirtueMart 1.1.0 stable. 

brick

• Beginner
    • Chicago Bears Fan Site
« Reply #4 on: May 03, 2008, 02:13:41 am »
Well I found that the files do exist and are where they should be, but I still have not resolved the issue.  Are you using a hosting service? 

jalgarra

• Beginner
« Reply #5 on: May 05, 2008, 21:54:04 pm »
Yes I am using a hosting service. I checked all permissions and files are set to 644 and directories are set to 755. I can't use the system at all with these errors. I see other people have had tis same issued but nothing posted about how they fixed it. It has to be a permission issue because the in viewing the source those files are not being written to the page. HELP!

jalgarra

• Beginner
« Reply #6 on: May 06, 2008, 19:40:37 pm »
Anyone? Anyone? Bueller..?Bueller...?

I just need to know what files need write permissions so it can write the javascript paths to the necessary files. I don't want to have to hack and hard code these paths in the main Joomla Container. The dir 755 permissions and files being 644 is not working like suggested in other threads.

jalgarra

• Beginner
« Reply #8 on: May 23, 2008, 16:02:19 pm »
Thank you very much aravot. This worked  ;D