Author Topic: Color themes  (Read 130169 times)

mylearningspace

• Beginner
Re: Color themes
« Reply #15 on: May 17, 2008, 14:23:49 pm »
another minor one. noimage.gif doesn't exist in vm_templatename/images directory. to display, i copied .gif file from default theme. of crs, this is only an issue when starting out with vm, before you add product images.

GTWillemsen

« Reply #16 on: May 17, 2008, 19:12:02 pm »
Thanks for the feedback.

This isn't an error, but a choice.
Since you can choose the image you want to show as the "no-image"-image. And noimage.gif as in the default theme is in one size only, although you can choose an other thumbnail resulution.

But I choose for *.PNG because of the quality PNG has to offer vs. the *.gif format.
And made 3 different size versions of noimage.png (noimage.png is 90x90, noimage100.png is 100x100, noimage120.png is 120x120)
So you can choose the image size you like, or make one you own (or copy paste the original noimage.gif into the color-theme folder).

To choose the image when to show when there isn't a product image:
admin > configuration > site tab > "no image" image.

;)

tresero

• Beginner
« Reply #17 on: June 09, 2008, 21:55:08 pm »
I admit I am new, but I get nothing showing. Can someone describe exactly what to do?

I selected theme vm_white but nothing on my site changes. What is supposed to change?

All of my store uses the default joomla template.

GTWillemsen

« Reply #18 on: June 10, 2008, 09:30:05 am »
Good question!  ;)

Extension Download
In your case you downloaded "vm_white.zip"

Extract the files: in the zip file resides a folder named "vm_white",
upload this folder to the virtuemart theme folder; (with FTP > Filezilla)
"/components/com_virtuemart/themes/"
So you find your theme like this;
"/components/com_virtuemart/themes/vm_white/"

--
optional:
set the rights of "theme.config.php" of your theme CHMOD (within Filezilla right mouse button click on this file > file attributes > set 666 or 777
for safety, set the rights back after you are done(, to something like 644).
--

Go to your Virtuemart administration to change the theme;
websitedomain/administrator > components > virtuemart > admin tab (left) > configuration > site tab
On the right you find "Layout" and the text "Select the theme for your Shop"
Select your newly uploaded theme here "vm_white" and apply/save this.

Do not forget to set the ""no image" image" at the site tab > display (left from where you select the theme).
Default images from the theme is / are noimage.png (=90), noimage100.png (=100) and noimage120.png (=120).

--
optional:
set here your default Category template to "browse_color"
set here your default FLYPAGE template to "flypage_color"

These are slightly changed default pages,
solves some thumbnail issues from the original default template
--

If you now check your store, you see that your store theme has changed,
your joomla template stays the same.
The virtuemart color themes integrate with the default joomla templates due to color variations.

Can't see the difference?
Check the images: example;
/components/com_virtuemart/themes/vm_white/images/add-to-cart.png
/components/com_virtuemart/themes/default/images/add-to-cart.gif
/components/com_virtuemart/themes/vm_blue/images/add-to-cart.png

Or try an other theme with a bigger color difference to see what it should do,
try red instead of white in example.

Good examples of images, are the changes in checkout images, rating (stars) and availability.

For the rest (beside color changes), the template stays the default template.
So, in example, the way the checkout process looks stays the same, but only with other colors/images.

Offcourse you can advise the helpfiles aswell.

trunky

• Beginner
« Reply #19 on: June 12, 2008, 01:44:12 am »
I installed the vm_red and it mess up some order buttons, Normally they are aligned left, now some of them (seems the third one everytime) are centered or more right.
The problem with the other colors too (tried vm_black)

GTWillemsen

« Reply #20 on: June 12, 2008, 13:00:22 pm »
Probably is this caused by the Category and/or Flypage setting.

Did you try;
set here your default Category template to "browse_color"
set here your default FLYPAGE template to "flypage_color"

Or, set it to the same values as you had before.

The Category and Flypages are the same as the default theme, but browse_color and flypage_color are made for the color theme's (a.o. to solve thumbnail size issues which did occur with the default theme)

trunky

• Beginner
« Reply #21 on: June 15, 2008, 02:17:52 am »
I didn't changed the flypage (if I remember correctly). If I am not mistaken it only gave me the first one (upper one) a color, in second box there was no color page, but I will recheck

GTWillemsen

« Reply #22 on: June 17, 2008, 10:03:40 am »
They change when you change theme's. (depending on what you had set)

oldsteel68

• Self Defense Products
« Reply #23 on: June 24, 2008, 22:21:13 pm »
these are not working for me at all in IE. Anyone else having an issue?

KG6BGJ

• Beginner
SOLVED:Re: Color themes
« Reply #24 on: June 25, 2008, 03:16:28 am »
I copied the vm_black theme folder to /components/com_virtuemart/themes/ and selected vm_black from the "Select the theme for your Shop" field on the VM configuration page.

Boom! It hosed my Latest Products Module such that images no longer display and the same for page that displays the products in a given category. The latter page now displays nothing but the following errors:

Warning: getimagesize() [function.getimagesize]: URL file-access is disabled in the server configuration in /administrator/components/com_virtuemart/html/shop.browse.php on line 368

Warning: getimagesize(/components/com_virtuemart/themes/default/images/add-to-cart.png) [function.getimagesize]: failed to open stream: no suitable wrapper could be found in /administrator/components/com_virtuemart/html/shop.browse.php on line 368

Additionally, the images associated with related products no longer display on the product details page.

Upon seeing these errors, I immediately and without doing anything else, switched back to the default theme, but the default theme now has the same problem. Somehow something was altered by merely applying the theme.

What happened?

I'm using J!1.5.3 and VM 1.1.1. I downloaded and used the vm_black.zip file from http://studios.surpass.nl/virtuemart/

--
SOLVED: For some reason the "no image" image unselected itself. Once I selected the proper file again and saved the setting, the issue cleared up. Whew!  :)

GTWillemsen

« Reply #25 on: June 25, 2008, 09:56:55 am »
Happily you found the solution!
You should always check/set the "no image" image and Category Template and the FLYPAGE, when changing a theme.

Can you please delete / alter the link? That link doesn't exist anymore;
the correct link is:
http://dev.virtuemart.net/cb/proj/doc.do?doc_id=2209

Which can found under:
Developer Portal > Downloads > VirtueMart 1.1 Graphics & Themes > Color Themes.

Thank you!

Cindrew

• Beginner
« Reply #26 on: July 01, 2008, 20:54:03 pm »
I am getting a ton of permission problem when I try to add a new theme to the themes folder. The exact error is Requested Action not taken (e.g. file or directory not found, no access).

GTWillemsen

« Reply #27 on: July 01, 2008, 22:34:27 pm »
Seems you do not have the right permissions (set) yet?
---
Did you try to set the rights (chmod)?
In one of the posts above I refer to Filezilla, this FTP program can help you to set the proper rights (you can set them back when you are done for safety).
Change the rights of the theme folder, when you haven't got enough rights to do so with Filezilla, you may want to try something else, i.e. JoomlaXplorer extension for Joomla.
--
optional:
set the rights of "theme.config.php" of your theme CHMOD (within Filezilla right mouse button click on this file > file attributes > set 666 or 777
for safety, set the rights back after you are done(, to something like 644).
----

TehCrucible

• Beginner
« Reply #28 on: July 16, 2008, 03:55:28 am »
Themes look great.  Thanx for this.  I have downloaded and applied vm_green.
I am having a problem where some of the images are failing to show.  In fact, quite a few of them.  For some reason, the Add To Checkout images and the nav images "<< < > >>"  aren't showing and diverting to their text forms.  I noticed that its not every image as some of them have swapped. (Eg the trash button in the cart)
Anyone else have this problem?  Help please?!

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

EDIT:  Also since applying this, I can no longer open my site in Internet Explorer.  It causes a fatal error and will not load.  I have tried this on other computers in our studio and I am sure this is not a local issue.

I also discovered the same images missing with the standard VM theme so I am no longer sure that the colour theme caused them to go missing.  Perhaps this is a CSS issue with my joomla template?

GTWillemsen

« Reply #29 on: July 16, 2008, 10:37:19 am »
I am not sure where you point to, although I did find a missing file;
 - see attachment -
This should be uploaded in the following folder:
\vm_green\templates\product_details\flypage_color.tpl.php

I see this file misses in the color_themes from 20.06 - so I hope this flypage solves some/all problems.

The color_themes originate from the default theme - with only a few adjustments in color and images + the flypage_color & browse_color, which solve some problems.

---------------

If any1 has made adjusted / new templates, please feel free to share them here!
Any color-theme template should work with every color_theme.

--
edit:
Missing files are now included in the extension downloads on dev.

[attachment cleanup by admin]