News:

Support the VirtueMart project and become a member

Main Menu

[TRACKER 2060] VirtueMart and Paypal

Started by alexs, April 25, 2008, 16:35:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

alexs

I'm trying to set up VirtueMart on a new Joomla 1.5 installation. I had it working perfectly working with PayPal on an old server with an older version of Joomla. Users were automatically redirected to PayPal where they could enter their credit card details and make payment.

However, now what happens during the checkout process is that it finishes with "Thank you for your order. Your order has been successfully placed! A confirmation email has been sent to xxx".

Customers receive a confirmation email, but they are at no point directed to PayPal to pay. Does anyone know what I'm doing wrong?

dawit

what ever payment method your using you should make sure you are not using one of these "Address only / Cash on Delivery",
"HTML-Form based (e.g. PayPal)" when customising payment method form for the payment method type. use one of these instead "Credit Card",
"Use Payment Processor",
"Bank debit".

gregdev

Is PayPal the only payment method you have activated?

Greg

[tr][td]
[/td][td]
www.plainlycode.com[/td][/tr]
[/table]

Dave Withnall

I have this same issue.

And yes, PayPal is the only activated payment method.

Additionally:
- I have disabled the shipping address & method options in the checkout.
- I have also set the site to "No Account Creation".

I just want the end user to enter a single address and pay through paypal.

Dave Withnall

One more thing. I am trying to use the paypal sandbox for testing.
To do this I have followed the details as per this forum entry http://forum.virtuemart.net/index.php?topic=11167.new

Ie.
Test mode = No
$url = "https://www.sandbox.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr";
everythign else is the default.

TommyBwebs.com

I'm also having the same problem.

Joomla 1.0.15
VM 1.1.0 stable

PayPal is the only payment method checked. HTML-Form based (e.g. PayPal) method is chosen

Someone said not to do this...but I don't understand. PayPal needs to be the one to process the credit card. right??

Using PayPal's developer sandbox also. When an order is completed, it goes to the "Thank you for your order" page directly without sending me to PayPal.

Also shows this error:
Parse error: syntax error, unexpected '>' in /home/headstng/headstrongfoundation-www/cms/components/com_virtuemart/themes/default/templates/pages/checkout.thankyou.tpl.php(61) : eval()'d code on line 44

There is a link at the bottom that says:  Follow this link to view the Order Details.

When I do that, I get:
Parse error: syntax error, unexpected '>' in /home/headstng/headstrongfoundation-www/cms/components/com_virtuemart/themes/default/templates/pages/account.order_details.tpl.php(55) : eval()'d code on line 44
Error: The code of the payment method PayPal (PP) contains a Parse Error!
Please correct that first

Please Help if you can!!

Thanks all.
---------------------------------------------------
http://www.tommybwebs.com
email: websites@tommybwebs.com

12 years of quality website development
Specializing in Joomla, Virtuemart, and Zen Cart websites.

davidm

I have the same issue too.  I also have Joomla 1.0.15 & VM 1.1.0 stable.

I have the site set to "No Account Creation", I only have the PayPal payment method enabled and have it set to HTML-Form based. I do not want to handle the credit card details but want Virtuemart to use the PayPal site for this. Like the other posts described here, it doesn't go to PayPal and just takes the user straight to the success page.  I do not see the errors reported by Dave Withnall though.

Any help to know how to go about trouble-shooting this would be much appreciated.

Thanks

Penn Wooding

What is happening with PayPal?  It does rather seem that if you only have this enabled, it won't work.  However, if you have credit card enabled, PayPal seems to work okay.  Is PayPal not working on its own?

Penn Wooding

I think I know what the problem is, if I look in "checkout" three and four are both checked.  Unfortunately, they are grayed out so I can't uncheck them.  Any ideas?

davidm

I've found changing my settings from "No Account Creation" to "Silent Account Creation" helps and the checkout process now takes the user to the PayPal pages. I'd prefer "No Account Creation" but I think I can use this as a workaround for now.

Brian

Quote from: davidm on April 30, 2008, 00:31:40 AM
I've found changing my settings from "No Account Creation" to "Silent Account Creation" helps and the checkout process now takes the user to the PayPal pages. I'd prefer "No Account Creation" but I think I can use this as a workaround for now.
Same thing worked for me.  I was only able to get paypal to work using this method.  No go without registration.

solidstatic

I changed the registration from "None" to "silent" and now when I register it brings up someone else's information, (address, name, phone, ...) so that won't work at all.

RCheesley

Same error occurring here, hope it gets sorted soonish :)

Soeren

New PayPal Code for VirtueMart 1.1 is posted here:
http://forum.virtuemart.net/index.php?topic=39584.0

Besides, I will fix the no-redirection error.

ciao, Sören
The future of eCommerce: VirtueMart & Joomla!
http://virtuemart.net