Author Topic: frontend module buttons have no text  (Read 4521 times)

jsrunder

• Beginner
frontend module buttons have no text
« on: April 25, 2008, 07:11:06 am »
Hello,

I am running Joomla! 1.5, and VM 1.1.0 RC3.  So far, the only 'issue' that's surfaced is that two of the front end modules are not showing the text in the 'standard' gray submit form buttons.

The Search button shows, but there is no text in it.

The Login form shows no text in the button.

I have looked through the files but don't see why this is happening.  All else seems to work fine.  The Category listing on the front page works well, using the graphic buttons.  If there is a way to incorporate the same kind of graphic buttons for the search and login forms, that would be great.

Thanks for help!

J

jenkinhill

• UK Web Developer & Consultant
  • Global Moderator
  • Super Hero
  • Always on vacation
    • Jenkin Hill Internet
Re: frontend module buttons have no text
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2008, 18:35:33 pm »
Are you sure the text in not there? Or is it styled to be the same colour as the button backgound?

VMRC3 has had a lot of bugs fixed. You are advised to update to VM1.1 stable.
Kelvyn

Jenkin Hill Internet,
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Unsolicited PMs/emails will be ignored.

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

Currently using VM.3.2.15.9866 on Joomla 3.8.10 PHP 7.0.30

Testing VM.3.2.15.9898 on J3.8.10

jsrunder

• Beginner
Re: frontend module buttons have no text
« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2008, 05:11:21 am »
Thank you grandly, Sir....

I'll upgrade this evening to see how it helps.  Didn't consider the text color in the buttons either....interesting point though, the buttons are very short in length, as if there could only be a few letters in the text name, not enough room for 'Submit' or 'Search' as if those were the words on the buttons. 

So, enough of that.  Thank you for pointing out the latest stable release.

I'll post elsewhere, but not sure the right place yet.  Another question is, how can I incorporate one login for users who use the site, and use VM for shopping?  Is this possible?

Thank you again!!!

J