Author Topic: How to Accept & store Credit Cards without a processor (manual processing)  (Read 96554 times)

jwieman

• Beginner
I have followed the described steps provided by jenkinhill and the test card #'s went through without any issues.  However, when I enter any other card # besides the test #'s I receive the credit card entered is not valid error.  How can I get the non-test card #'s to process in the same manner as the test card #'s? 

BlueNight83

Re: How to Accept & store Credit Cards without a processor (manual processing)
« Reply #31 on: September 19, 2009, 06:15:46 am »
I need to get the full credit card number sent to the admin in the email confirmation, how can I do this?

I know it's not secure but the online store owner wants this to be done.  Any help?

mrfoameruk

• Beginner
  • UKBeading.co.uk
    • UKBeading
« Reply #32 on: September 19, 2009, 23:31:33 pm »
there's a reason this data is kept like this. security. if someone get this information than as it's the order everything, address, post code, ccv, is left to be abused.  would the site owner like his credit card detail thrown around the internet unsecured?  i stopped using this method as in England it is near enough from what i've read from my banks against all rules (mostly to do with the ccv number on the back).  from what i read if anyone got information from your site/emails etc. and bought say a Mercedes car than the person/site who leaked the information would have to pay the bill, something i just wasn't going to risk.  I'd guess they'd have to somehow prove it was your site but i now get the customer to phone with their details or use paypal. looking for a online credit card company but so far haven't found one that uk and works.

Finnie

• Beginner
« Reply #33 on: November 08, 2009, 23:49:30 pm »
Thanks a bunch Kelvyn - works a treat. As do some of your other tips - suggest perhaps sometime they should be flagged for beginner users like me! (notably not using Ajax to update your cart and this one)

You're a genius - thanks again :-)

pinksnyper

• Beginner
« Reply #34 on: December 05, 2009, 02:41:42 am »
Hey guys. I have tried this (and granted, I am still testing on a temp URL) and I get an error " Error: Credit Card Type not found." while using the test numbers provided above. Not sure why, I have followed the instructions to the T. VM 1.1.3 stable. There weren't any exp dates on that test page, are there supposed to be or does it even matter since there's no instant validation with manual processing?

Any ideas?

pinksnyper

• Beginner
« Reply #35 on: December 05, 2009, 02:56:18 am »
Figured it out. See this forum for Joomla 1.5 users (missing drop down menu for CARD TYPE it turns out)

http://forum.virtuemart.net/index.php?topic=40477.0

Misty-t

• Beginner
    • www.tworksdesign.ie
« Reply #36 on: January 12, 2010, 17:25:27 pm »
Hi All, I have posted my query as a topic itself but no replies yet.  Does anyone out there have a solution my problem or suggestions.???

I could really use help, I've used virtuemart for the past couple of months.  Every other problem I have encountered I've found a solution through the forum or manuals but now STUCK.

My client is processing orders manually so I was able to set-up Visa and MasterCard no problem using
- payment-method-type: credit card
- code: AN
- payment-class-name: ps_payment

However in Ireland we also have a card called Laser which is a debit card with no CVV number.

I need the system to require a CVV for Visa/Mastercard but NO CVV for Laser Card.  Using a payment processor there is a option to choose if CVV is required but I can't find if this is possible for credit card.

Any ideas please.  I'm so close to finishing this project.  So I'm looking to set-up a manual card payment with no CVV required.

Thank you in advance...
VM 1.1.4, CM1.1.5
Joomla 1.5, Joomla 1.6

I have found most answers using the Forum and Manuals.  And those I couldn't find, when I searched more, I FOUND IT....so search on...

AH

• Global Moderator
  • VirtueMart Version: 3.2.8
Having worked in the credit card industry for overe 12 years, I am slightly stunned that PCI compliance has not been top of anyones list of things to be aware of.

Make sure you comply or you are likely to be hit by fraud and then have all the chargeback rights bounced onto you!  The lowest level of security in the chain ends up losing out and the chargeback teams I have come across, love PAN keyed transactions!!

This is a short starter piece of information if you have no idea what I am rambling on about:-

http://www.paypoint.net/online-payment-guides/getting-pci-compliant/

Hope you sort it out.
regards
A

Joomla 3.8.3
php 5.6 + php 7

QubeSys Technologies

• Joomla & Magento Services
Hi,..
I need to store the credit card info on the database, so we can export to CSV and process our orders manually.
Can we just remove the encryption and let it get stored fully into the database ?
Blissful!

AH

• Global Moderator
As long as you remain PCI compliant!!
regards
A

Joomla 3.8.3
php 5.6 + php 7

punz

• Beginner
Hutson,

Thanks!!! Had a good read about compliance etc and I'm so happy I did. Our company is staying away from this now. Cheers.

AH

• Global Moderator
Glad I could help, it is alwasy a nightmare if you don't understand the significance of storing data, especially with fraud and chargeback rights!
regards
A

Joomla 3.8.3
php 5.6 + php 7

stevecrofts

• Beginner
Hi,

I have tried the instructions but am losing my css and links to non ssl pages are pointing to the ssl url, is there anyway to fix this. I am using a shared ssl but would purchase one if it will fix the issues.

Cheers

Steve

jenkinhill

• UK Web Developer & Consultant
  • Global Moderator
  • Super Hero
  • Always on vacation
    • Jenkin Hill Internet
Probably a badly configured SSL cert/server setup. Check with your hosts, and better ask them right now if the site on their server will be PCI compliant.
Kelvyn

Jenkin Hill Internet,
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Unsolicited PMs/emails will be ignored.

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

Currently using VM3.2.8 on Joomla 3.8.3 PHP 7.0.25

Testing VM3.2.8.9695 on J3.8.3

AH

• Global Moderator
regards
A

Joomla 3.8.3
php 5.6 + php 7