Author Topic: How to Accept & store Credit Cards without a processor (manual processing)  (Read 90574 times)

treybraid

Re: How to Accept & store Credit Cards without a processor (manual processing)
« Reply #15 on: October 06, 2008, 20:30:23 pm »
see screenshot
thanks
trey

[attachment deleted by admin]

Phatrick

• Beginner
« Reply #16 on: October 07, 2008, 14:59:37 pm »
Sorry, total newbie question.

How are you processing the payments manually?

treybraid

« Reply #17 on: October 07, 2008, 15:09:55 pm »
http://forum.virtuemart.net/index.php?topic=39100.0

follow the directions and you should be ok... looks like there is a bug in virtuemart--- you must have at the min 2 choice's to make payment's... in my case i chose paypal which i am going to talk my client into using...

hope this help's...
trey

ABS Solutions

• Beginner
« Reply #18 on: October 28, 2008, 11:26:34 am »
Guys if a data comprimise happens and you are storing CC numbers/verification codes you can be liable for damages, as well as fines.

I am not the visa police or anything, but i have been in the merchant service business for 7 years

modlite

• Beginner
« Reply #19 on: November 05, 2008, 05:54:12 am »
I got this all to work but when a customers pays with a credit card it doesn't tell me in the backend if it's visa, mastercard or what. There's a huge problem. What am i missing?

mosleyt

• Beginner
« Reply #20 on: November 24, 2008, 20:24:42 pm »
I'm having the same issue as a user eariler who never got an answer. After I switched the payment method, I lost my credit card drop-down menu on the checkout form. How do I remedy this?

mosleyt

• Beginner
« Reply #21 on: November 24, 2008, 21:20:29 pm »
After another hour or so of digging, I found the solution I needed. Here's the link to anyone else who happens to stumble on this thread with the same problem.

http://forum.virtuemart.net/index.php?topic=43806.0

drcoach

• Beginner
« Reply #22 on: December 02, 2008, 00:43:52 am »
I have followed these instructions which by the way were very clear and appreciated.  I ran a test order and it appeared to complete successfully.  However, when I go to the backend to List Orders nothing is there.  Can you help?

sportbikejunkie

• Beginner
    • Sportbike Junkies
« Reply #23 on: January 20, 2009, 21:41:09 pm »
Perfect info...Just waiting to see if I can figure out the UPS Fuel Charge for US and Canada...Then I am done....Yippee.

Thanks,

James

I have prepared this full description of the process, as I'm sure others will be wanting to do this, too.
In VirtueMart Admin/Configuration/Security/Security Settings
1. Set up your site SECUREURL with the https url required by your SSL security certificate, either your own site certificate or a shared certificate provided by your webhost.
2. Select "Shop areas which must use https" - usually a minimum of account & checkout
3. Select "Generally prevent https connections?" - this does not seem to work on all servers, but it is no problem if left on.
4. Select "Encryption Function" which would usually be AES_ENCRYPT.
5. Enter/edit "Encryption Key" - this will have been pre-populated for use.
6. Select "Store Credit Card Information?"
Then save configuration.
Go to Store/List Payment Methods
1. On Payment Method List page select New to create a blank Payment Method Form
2. Enter a "Payment Method Name:" - this will appear in the checkout as the payment method.
3. Enter a suitable "Code:" so that you will recognise this payment method in the Payment Method List.
4. Select ps_payment as the "Payment class name".
5. For "Payment method type:" select Credit Card.
6. Select the "Accepted Credit Card Types" - these will be the types of card your card processing service can accept.
Save the page. This now appears in the Payment Method List.
Now make a test purchase and entering a valid test card number. There are test numbers listed on http://www.infomerchant.net/creditcardprocessing/credit_card_test_numbers.html
The last 4 digits of the card number is shown on the order email sent to the store admin, the first part of the number, less those last digits is shown on the order details page in the website backend.
Note that you will need to inform your credit card merchant service or bank that you are accepting on-line payments - check your contract.

cdb30

• Beginner
« Reply #24 on: January 27, 2009, 22:59:45 pm »
I followed all these instructions closely and either get "invalid credit card" or I get "you are using a test credit card" error can cannot complete the transaction. Any Ideas?

zazu

« Reply #25 on: February 16, 2009, 11:01:34 am »
Is it possible to test the jenkinhill method on localhost?

govanmac

• Beginner
I have followed the method mentioned, but each time I do a test order using a valid card, it comes up with the following error: Error: Credit Card Type not found.
I am using a valid Visa card for the test purchase

Any ideas

essexboyupnorth

• Beginner
If you need to add a start date and issue number to the credit card form for processing cards in the UK click the link below and follow the installation and configuration instructions.

http://code.google.com/p/vm-ukcreditcard/

This works
I am a VM dwarf, but I stand on the shoulders of giants.

gordons11

• Beginner
I read the instruksion and even I have not tryed yet it looks clear but ther is sth that I am a bit comfused.
I am new on the internet bussness and sorry for the newbie question.
Lets supose all was said before works I get the card number and the verification code.
I do need to have an  "credit card merchant service" is it same as a bank account?
How can i make the money to go to my account?

Thanx

mrfoameruk

• Beginner
  • UKBeading.co.uk
    • UKBeading
this only stores the details for the credit card. you have to process it manually yourself later on. usually on a terminal that you would have in your shop (the one that you would be using to do your normal credit card transactions)

By the way has anyone tried the ukcard from above and set it up? did it work for you?