Author Topic: How to Accept & store Credit Cards without a processor (manual processing)  (Read 94146 times)

dandan

• Beginner
In the new VM 1.1 stable:

Does anyone know how to accept Credit Card info and just have it stored in admin section? So the admin can later process it manually?

Please help?

I tried adding a new payemnt method called Credit Card, made it active, made my own code called MP, used ps_payment as the class, chose credit card as method type and accepted visa, mastercard, and no config, and I got the Error: The Credit Card Number entered is not valid.

Any ideas? for it to go through and save the card?

jenkinhill

• UK Web Developer & Consultant
  • Global Moderator
  • Super Hero
  • Always on vacation
    • Jenkin Hill Internet
I have prepared this full description of the process, as I'm sure others will be wanting to do this, too.

In VirtueMart Admin/Configuration/Security/Security Settings

1. Set up your site SECUREURL with the https url required by your SSL security certificate, either your own site certificate or a shared certificate provided by your webhost.

2. Select "Shop areas which must use https" - usually a minimum of account & checkout

3. Select "Generally prevent https connections?" - this does not seem to work on all servers, but it is no problem if left on.

4. Select "Encryption Function" which would usually be AES_ENCRYPT.

5. Enter/edit "Encryption Key" - this will have been pre-populated for use.

6. Select "Store Credit Card Information?"

Then save configuration.

Go to Store/List Payment Methods

1. On Payment Method List page select New to create a blank Payment Method Form

2. Enter a "Payment Method Name:" - this will appear in the checkout as the payment method.

3. Enter a suitable "Code:" so that you will recognise this payment method in the Payment Method List.

4. Select ps_payment as the "Payment class name".

5. For "Payment method type:" select Credit Card.

6. Select the "Accepted Credit Card Types" - these will be the types of card your card processing service can accept.

Save the page. This now appears in the Payment Method List.

Now make a test purchase and entering a valid test card number. There are test numbers listed on http://www.infomerchant.net/creditcardprocessing/credit_card_test_numbers.html

The last 4 digits of the card number is shown on the order email sent to the store admin, the first part of the number, less those last digits is shown on the order details page in the website backend.

Note that you will need to inform your credit card merchant service or bank that you are accepting on-line payments - check your contract. This is a legal requirement in almost all countries, and you will need to pass PCI scans of the server and site. Large fines can be the result of not informing your card merchant service provider and even worse if you have card data stolen.

Kelvyn

Jenkin Hill Internet,
Keswick, Lake District

Unsolicited PMs/emails will be ignored.

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

Currently using VM3.2.3.9614 on Joomla 3.7.4 PHP 7.0.22

Testing VM3.2.3.9614 on J!3.7.4

dandan

• Beginner
Well done jenkinhill - Worked like a smokin charm.

And thanks for the notes on notifyin the card company online...I'll tell the client..so they know.

Peace...

Thanks.

korb

• Quality&Testing Team
  • VM 2.0 in heavy testing
    • Buy my work
Nice idea, any other testers?

ChrisPJ

• Beginner
Thanks for this Jenkinhill. Very clear instruction. However, I have a problem that you might be able to answer. I have space on a shared ssl server at a different server url . If I point the secureurl in the VM config at this it doesn't know what to do with it. Do I need to put some files in this space?

korb

• Quality&Testing Team
  • VM 2.0 in heavy testing
    • Buy my work
"3. Enter a suitable "Code:" so that you will recognise this payment method in the Payment Method List."

Where can I get a code like that?

jenkinhill

• Global Moderator
  • Super Hero
  • Always on vacation
    • Jenkin Hill Internet
Where can I get a code like that?

You make one up - such as CARD
Kelvyn

Jenkin Hill Internet,
Keswick, Lake District

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

bbd_russ

• Beginner
Just to make sure, is this method valid for using a manual PDQ machine that i might have at home to process orders made online? Or is there a better way to do this?

Cheers,

Russ

jenkinhill

• Global Moderator
  • Super Hero
  • Always on vacation
    • Jenkin Hill Internet
It is valid as long as you have permission from your card merchant service.  ;)
Kelvyn

Jenkin Hill Internet,
Keswick, Lake District

Tirrawarra

• Beginner
Done more simply - very simply!

I couldnt get the Jenkinhill technique to work for me (appreciate the effort tho!)

I couldnt even see most of what was described in the first part (we are using VirtueMart 1.0.14 and Joomla! 1.0.15)

BUT whilst searching around I found that the system will provide the credit card info in 2 parts.

SEND me part 1 in the ORDER email :

Name On Card: Firstname Surname
Credit Card Number: ************1234
Expiration Date: 10 / 2008
CVV code: 256

then ONLINE in ORDERS (in the Admin section) VM provides the remainder of the required info:[/b]
Credit Cards     Firstname Surname   123412341234****
(CVV Code: 256)    Oct-2008

therefore all the information is there to process the transaction manually.

--------------------------
the only Payment Method Form mods I made were:

in Payment Methods = made it active
Payment Method Name: = Credit Cards
Code: = yep (made one up)
Payment method type: =  Credit Card
Accepted Credit Card Types:  = selected Visa & Mastercard only
Shopper Group:  default

---------------------------

that's it!  Cheers Steve

** lastly were is that CODE that we make up - output / used or shown (cos I dont see it!)

tired2008

• Beginner
Re: How to Accept & store Credit Cards without a processor (manual processing)
« Reply #10 on: September 01, 2008, 16:42:08 pm »
Thanks guys, I have tried the above method however as soon as I changed the payment method over I lost the Credit Card Drop Down Menu (which allows the customer to select the credit card type, Visa Mastercard, etc...)

Any thoughts on why and more importantly how to get it back...???

sonic8

• Beginner
« Reply #11 on: September 05, 2008, 10:58:41 am »
This seems like exactly what I need to do on our site, the only issue is that we use VM 1.0.13a, does anyone have a method for doing this with this version?

mrfoameruk

• Beginner
  • UKBeading.co.uk
    • UKBeading
« Reply #12 on: September 30, 2008, 12:13:49 pm »
this is great and works well for me apart from one thing.  usually i print it where i am (work or home) and take it to work. 

but today I left the information at home . i can get the websites details but cannot access the email that was sent to me as it's on the home computer and would like to send the item out today.

I can access my email on-line so is there a way to resend the email by logging into vituemart and clicking somewhere.  I guess there's nowhere on virtuemart to get these details as that's part of the security.

jenkinhill

• Global Moderator
  • Super Hero
  • Always on vacation
    • Jenkin Hill Internet
« Reply #13 on: October 01, 2008, 20:02:20 pm »
I guess there's nowhere on virtuemart to get these details as that's part of the security.
Correct. There is a code hack to unmask the card details, but that would be very risky - and not acceptable to card processing companies.
Kelvyn

Jenkin Hill Internet,
Keswick, Lake District

treybraid

« Reply #14 on: October 06, 2008, 19:38:34 pm »
i have followed the directions and having some issue's getting this to work... figure i have missed something on my end in the backend...

when i go through checkout i have nothing there to choose the payment...

here is my url... www.buymeriam.com

any idea's why it isnt working... this is the only credit card payment method published...
thanks
trey

i did create test product to do the testing.... please help!!!!

i will be more than happy to give you backend access to my site...