Author Topic: Product with price and without price in different place.  (Read 4229 times)

thomas2411

• Beginner
Product with price and without price in different place.
« on: April 24, 2008, 16:27:41 pm »
Hi,

I put this topic in 1.0 version forum, no one answered so maybe it is possible in 1.1 version. My client wants to have a shop and a catalog using the same database. It means that when he add a new product it shows in shop with price and 'add to cart' and it show in products (different option from menu) without prices and cart.
Is it possible to do something like this? Could you tell me how?
Best regards
Tom

jenkinhill

• UK Web Developer & Consultant
  • Global Moderator
  • Super Hero
  • Always on vacation
    • Jenkin Hill Internet
Re: Product with price and without price in different place.
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2008, 16:39:23 pm »
Same as in VM1.0.x - you can set VM up to show prices only to logged in users. So unregistered users will only see a catalogue and registered/logged in users will see prices, add to cart etc.
Kelvyn

Jenkin Hill Internet,
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Unsolicited PMs/emails will be ignored.

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

Currently using VM 3.4.3.10057 on Joomla 3.9.10 PHP 7.0.33
Testing VM 3.5.0.10097 on Joomla 3.9.10

thomas2411

• Beginner
« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2008, 16:55:45 pm »
Thank You for quick reply :) Unfortunatelly for my client it is not a good solution. He wants a link to products in categories without prices and second link to shop with products in categories with prices - based on one database nad for all users :(

-----
I found something interesting in menu setup. I have a link - SHOP - in menu to VM Component.Also I have a link - PRODUCTS - which also is a link to VM (here I don't want prices and cart to be shown).There in Components parameters on the right side, there is a flypage and a site to choose (a filename of a template whcih will be used) I put there a name of my own browse file, but it doesn't change anything.
Do you know what it is used for?

ivanitoruiz

• Beginner
« Reply #3 on: May 09, 2008, 10:24:11 am »
thomas 2411 how come the price Showing procedure it's not working for me, I already put the configuration to registered user and I still have the same problem

jenkinhill

• UK Web Developer & Consultant
  • Global Moderator
  • Super Hero
  • Always on vacation
    • Jenkin Hill Internet
« Reply #4 on: May 09, 2008, 17:59:12 pm »
There seems to be a bug in the function of "Membergroup to show prices to" when VM 1.1 is used with Joomla 1.5.3 - but this works OK with Joomla 1.0.15

http://dev.virtuemart.net/cb/issue/2089
Kelvyn

Jenkin Hill Internet,
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Unsolicited PMs/emails will be ignored.

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

Currently using VM 3.4.3.10057 on Joomla 3.9.10 PHP 7.0.33
Testing VM 3.5.0.10097 on Joomla 3.9.10