News:

You may pay someone to create your store, or you visit our seminar and become a professional yourself with the silver certification

Main Menu

Add to Cart Container is automatically resizing itself

Started by haysuess, April 20, 2008, 22:50:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

haysuess

I have a site set up and all is working fine so far except for one weird bug.  When I am on a product page everything looks fine, but once I click "Add to Cart" or change one of the options (size: S, M, L, etc) then the container that holds the add to cart stuff shrinks and moves everything left.

This is only in Firefox(2).  I'm attaching screenshots of what happens before and after the click.

I don't know if this has to do with the CSS or what, all I changed in the css was the color of it so I don't think so.  Anyone?

aravot

When reporting bugs please write version info, this was fixed so either you are using old version or it wasn't fixed fully.

haysuess

I installed it from the file "VirtueMart_1.1.0_RC3-COMPLETE_PACKAGE.j15.zip" which i still have on my hard drive.  When I unzip that file the I installed "com_virtuemart_1.1.0_RC3.j15.zip".  However, when I log into Virtuemart at the bottom it says " VirtueMart 1.1.0 RC2".

I know it's not the stable version but I wanted to set up the majority of the store so it was ready when the stable is released.  However I am confused as the why it says RC2 after it's clearly installed from the RC3 files.  I downloaded the zip and installed on 4/18/08.

Please advise what I should do next, thanks.

jenkinhill

The very first release of RC3 did not have the version number updated. There have been a lot of bugfixes since then. I suggest you upgrade using the manual install package from http://dev.virtuemart.net/cb/proj/doc.do?doc_id=1328 to see if the display problem is fixed for your template.
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

haysuess

I have updated manually to the newest nightly and overwritten everything.  I tested it then and the problem was still happening.  I then uploaded my own add to cart button, etc. and it was still happening.  Here are the screenshots of the problem still happening.

I can confirm that it now says RC3 in Joomla Administration.  Thanks for the help so far, what's the next step?

jenkinhill

Is there a url to see this happening?  think the next step is to try a different Joomla template to see if the problem is still present. I don't think this is a bug as I have not seen this issue in any of my testing.
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

haysuess

You can try at http://austingilroy.com/index.php?page=shop.product_details&flypage=flypage-custom.tpl&product_id=1&category_id=1&option=com_virtuemart&Itemid=1

I just realized I was using a custom flypage, I tried one of the ones that comes with Virtuemart and everything was fine :-/  Sorry I didn't check that earlier, it's a problem in my flypage.

aravot

I tried it on my test site I couldn't duplicate it, must be your template, support to none bug issues are give only after stable release.