News:

Looking for documentation? Take a look on our wiki

Main Menu

Problem adding a subproduct to the cart

Started by spacialek, April 16, 2008, 05:50:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

spacialek

Hi,

I'm trying to add child products with attributes to a product, but when I select the 1st item (on the frontend), it shows an error message telling me to select an article, it appears to happen only when I select the first item in the list, the other ones are telling me that the article has been added to the cart....

jenkinhill

If you think you have identified a bud in VM1.1 please use the reporting template: http://forum.virtuemart.net/index.php?topic=31709.0

First check that you have the latest VM1.1 build as this issue may have been fixed: http://dev.virtuemart.net/cb/proj/doc.do?doc_id=1328
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

spacialek

I installed the last nightly build, and the problem described in my previous post is still there, so maybe it's a bug.

VirtueMart Version: 1.1.0 RC3 (today's nightly build - April 16th)
Joomla Version: 1.5.2

To see the problem in action, you can go to this URL :
http://www.xaome.ca/decorsnathalie/gateaux-couches?page=shop.product_details&flypage=decorsnathalie.tpl&product_id=27&category_id=25
and select the first product in the select menu (Test 1 - Couleur Rose),  and press "Ajouter au panier" (Add to cart), an error message will pop up telling to select a product first.  If you try the other products on select menu, the problem doesn't occurs.

System info:
Operating system: Windows XP SP2
Webserver: Linux hp11
PHP Version:  4.4.8
MySQL Version: 4.1.22-standard-log

incogboy

I had tried your shop. But it working well....

Sorry for my bad english...

spacialek

Quote from: incogboy on April 16, 2008, 19:19:49 PM
I had tried your shop. But it working well....
Sorry for my bad english...

Hi Incogboy,

with whitch browser did you tried my shop ?  I'm trying it on two computers, on different browsers, and the problem still happening everywhere !

Did you really choose the first menu "Test 1 - Couleur Rose - 62,03 $" in the dropdown menu ?

By the way, don't be sorry about your english, I'm french and I'm not pretty comfortable with my english too !  ;)

Thanks !

jenkinhill

Worked OK for me with Firefox & Safari on WinXP
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

incogboy

Quote from: spacialek on April 16, 2008, 20:23:27 PM
Hi Incogboy,
with whitch browser did you tried my shop ?  I'm trying it on two computers, on different browsers, and the problem still happening everywhere !
Did you really choose the first menu "Test 1 - Couleur Rose - 62,03 $" in the dropdown menu ?
By the way, don't be sorry about your english, I'm french and I'm not pretty comfortable with my english too !  ;)
Thanks !

I used Firefox 2.x I have been try all include the first menu...

spacialek

Hi,

I'm still having the same problem, wherever I try... 
When you select the first item in the select menu, if you look at the cart, is the new product showing in the list ? 

Thanks !

spacialek

When I select the first product in the list, I get this error message:

"Sélectionnez un article dans la fiche du produit"
english traduction : "To add this product into your cart you have to select a product variant on the details page."

instead of:

"Le produit a été ajouté à votre panier" ou "La quantité à été mise à jour"
english traduction: "The product was added to your cart." or "The product quantity has been updated."

spacialek

you get the same message of me !  it's saying to select a product variant on the details page, but the product is already selected...  so  maybe it's not a real "error" message, but more a warning message telling us that the selection is not  made, but at the end it makes it impossible to add the first item to the cart... it's why I telling it's an error message  ;D

[attachment cleanup by admin]

aravot

If I get the same message than it is wrong, I have to create a child product on my test site to make sure you haven't skipped a step.

spacialek

Hi,

I installed the stable version of VirtueMart 1.1 and the same problem is still happening.... 

Is this problem happening to other peoples ?

Thanks

spacialek

I deleted the first product and made another one instead, and it's working well right now, I still don't understand why it was happening before ... Well if the problem comes back and I can point out in which circumstances, I'll tell here !

I have another problem tough, I really can't find out how to reorganize the child elements in the list box, and I don't understand in which order it's being processed, it seems all mixed up and not the chronological way I entered them.  Is there a way to define the order?