News:

Looking for documentation? Take a look on our wiki

Main Menu

Can not see the cart quantity arrows

Started by ludde, April 13, 2008, 11:00:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ludde

Can not see the cart quantity arrows in IE7. It seems the sizes for the buttons are too small.
The quantity up/down arrows worked in 1283 with IE (and workes with Firefox2). Use the default template.

VM: 1.1, Build 1367
Joomla! 1.5.0, PHP: 5.2.3, Apache 2.2.4, MySQL: 5.0.45

Thanks for the greatest component

soulpad

Hi Ludde,

Believe it or not - I solved this issue less than five minutes ago. It's a simple matter of adjusting the CSS. Typical IE7 never plays nicely.

.quantity_box_button {
   width:10px;
   height:10px;
   background-repeat: no-repeat;
   background-position: center;
   border:1px solid #000;
}

In fact - you can make the border 0px wide and it will still work - but your up/down buttons will look a bit odd.

HTH.

CranialBlaze

I have a similar problem, started when i updated  on the 18th, my buttons appear as standard buttons instead of the arrows in both IE7 and FF2, i tried tracking down that code but cat find it in the CSS files.

Could you pleas assist.

I included an image of what my add to cart container looks like.

Thanks

[attachment cleanup by admin]
I don't believe, therefore it does not exist

Joomla 2.5 VM 2.0.2

CranialBlaze

After updating to the 18th April nightly the arrows not eh quantity buttons disappeared and i cannot find the file that actually calls for them.

All i get now is standard html buttons, in IE and FF

Some assistance will be awesome

Thanks

attached image of what buttons are looking like

[attachment cleanup by admin]
I don't believe, therefore it does not exist

Joomla 2.5 VM 2.0.2

soulpad

I had the same sort of buttons so maybe it's the same issue.

You should find the css code in components\com_virtuemart\themes\default\theme.css (change default to be the name of your theme). Search for .quantity_box_button, in the default theme it's on line 55.

Then edit the border property as in the previous post. Lastly, edit the width and height if necessary. Changing one thing at a time will help you isolate the problem.

HTH - Let me know.

rrommel

I'm using the default theme and got the same problem /w the quantity button. It's now solved by using the solution of codebunny, thanks codebunny..

Still alot of other layout problem involving IE7. Alot of work to do :-(

got this problem too: http://forum.virtuemart.net/index.php?topic=39965.0

soulpad

No problem... I'd like to see a solution to displaying this correctly in Opera!

Ozibob

has anyone been able to fix this problem?
I tried the above fix but didn't work, even to tried to call the arows by providing the whole web address but no luck!

Seems such a little problem would've thought that a fix would have been put out for it, seems to spoil the shopping cart when something like this happens

Lance Thompson

I am developing a site I am working on on an IP address since I don't have the clients domain name yet. I had the missing up and down arrows also. Using the Firefox web developer tool bar had it show me the missing images and it showed the path for the missing images as:

http://xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx/themes/default/images/down_small.gif

when it should be:

http://xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx/~CLIENTACCOUNTNAME/themes/default/images/down_small.gif

I checked the config in Virtuemart and it has the IP/URL correct as:

http://xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx/~CLIENTACCOUNTNAME/

Strange. I'm not sure if it is VM or Joomla causing it to drop the account name from the link to the image but I thought I'd point this out in case someone else is having the same issue.
Lance Thompson
CEO, Blue Sky Web Worx
www.BlueSkyWebWorx.com
Website Design Company, Internet Marketing, SEO, Graphic Design

robbluther

Ok, I got this one figured out.  It is a style issue, the background images that you call have to be inside your VM template folder.  Edit your theme.css file and add these lines with the gif file names that you are using. 

.quantity_box_button{
   width:15px;
   height:15px;
   border:1px solid #000;
}
.quantity_box_button_up{
   background-image:url( images/up_small.gif );
   border:#0099CC 0px solid;
   }
.quantity_box_button_down{
   background-image:url( images/down_small.gif );
   }

dosneau

Tried all the different possibilities to increase the arrow buttons, no luck any ideas.  My arrow buttons look extremely small and they look like two little dots.  When I save as image, and increase the image size on illustrator they look like arrows...any way...any other ideas on making the arrow buttons larger in ie7?

natchang

try setting the background-color of the .quantity_box_button css class, this worked for me

cybergarage

I believe I have tried all the above options. Below is the code from my theme.css file.

.quantity_box_button{
   width:15px;
   height:15px;
   border:0px solid #000;
}
.quantity_box_button_up{
   background-image:url( images/up_small.gif );
   }
.quantity_box_button_down{
   background-image:url( images/down_small.gif );
   }

According to the above code the buttons should be square but they show up as a vertical rectangle in IE but show up square in Google Chrome and FireFox. None of the changes I made in the css file made any difference what so ever when viewing with IE. I didn't check with the other two browsers while I was making changes, didn't think to until after :-[

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

cybergarage

Been trying a bunch of changes and still nothing. Whenever I make a change to the "theme.css" file I check for any effect in IE or FF but nothing. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated as we need to get this fixed right away.