News:

Support the VirtueMart project and become a member

Main Menu

SMTP and VM 1.1.

Started by CobayeCrau, April 09, 2008, 21:57:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CobayeCrau

At the last step of an order I get the following message and of course the transaction ends

Fatal error: Maximum execution time of 60 seconds exceeded in F:\xampp\htdocs\cool\libraries\phpmailer\smtp.php on line 361

I have
French language by default
Joomla 1.5.2
VM 1.1.0 RC2
Community Builder 1.1 (fitting with Joomla 1.5.2)
and  AEC (fitting with CB and Joomla)
I wish to use Paypal and I work with Paypal sandbox test mode = no and Sandbox  URL within HTML code

My tuning for emails Joomla works fine for subscription features  (CB, AEC)
I'm in localhost so I use  smtp.wanadoo.fr (and I use the real mail server from my true domain mail.cobaye-online.org)
I'm trying to implement VM and it's the disaster.

May be VM 1.1. does not work with SMTP but only with Phpmail ??? (I have to try it)

Any idea ? Some extra datas needed to find out my problem.
Thanks

CobayeCrau

I have verified.
VM 1.1.0 doesn't work with SMTP joomla parameters in localhost. It works fine with phpmail.
Is there any soluce ?

jenkinhill

In your local host setup do you have a SMTP server such as MercuryMail? If so then check the mail log file to see if the mail was sent. SMTP works fine for me on remote servers.
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

CobayeCrau

No I don't use Mercury mail.

I have some test users with their mailboxes defined on my true domain  (ie xyz@cobaye-online.org).
I have created the corresponding accounts  on my local computer, I use Outlook Express
with mail.cobaye-online.org and smtp.wanadoo.fr (Wanadoo is my FAI at home for ADSL, phone and so on).
All these mailboxes interact together I can send and receive mails.

And I have declared in joomla section system :
serveur SMTP
aaaaa@cobaye-online.org
aaaaa
Identification SMTP Oui
Utilisateur aaaaa@cobaye-online.org
mot de passe SMTP  "adhoc password"
hôte SMTP smtp.wanadoo.fr

It works fine with Joomla login, CB login, AEC login and I get all my mails on my Outlook Express mailboxes, but it does not work like this with VM 1.1