News:

Looking for documentation? Take a look on our wiki

Main Menu

RTL themes

Started by Joomla-Israel, April 05, 2008, 00:06:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Joomla-Israel

We just started the conversion to RTL (Right-to-Left) of both frontend theme and admin layout.

As far as you know, J1.5 is fully supports RTL layout in backend now and we need (and you, as the component developers) to take care about RTL in every component's backend if we want to use Hebrew or any other RTL language in Joomla 1.5.x backend.

There were no problems  with RTL conversion of frontend theme. We are very appreciate themes implementation in VM, this really helps us not only easily customise VM layout but also eliminate and solve the most of problems with RTL.

There is still a lot of work to separate the logic from view in VM backend but let's start work with it and hope the things will be changed in the near future.
The only one problem remaining in Vm backend is in ExtJS script rather with it's version use. there is version 1.1.1 used.
According to ExtJS developers there no RTL support with this version at all. But version 2.0.2 is more easy to change to get support RTL along with regular LTR use.

So my question and request if there any possibility to use the newest (2.0.2) version of ExtJS in the new VM version?
www.Joomla-Israel.com - Leading Israeli Joomla Provider

Ziv Tsarfati

That would be very helpful to me, and all the RTLers out there.
Developers, Please consider this request.

ozwaknin

Hi all,

Does someone have already the VM1.1 RTL themes ready. I have just installed it and it's massy and need some work. Would save me a lot of time and i would appreciate if someone has already theme ready. RTL base would be more than fine. I can go from the base.

Thank you in advance...

Joomla-Israel

There are no themes in admin panel of VM at all.
In order to get it working in RTL mode you need to master a bunch of core VM files

ozwaknin

Well, i am looking for a front end RTL theme to work with my site. Not the admin side.

Thank for all the help.

Joomla-Israel

Although themes were introduced in VM 1.1.0 there is really lack of RTL support and in order to develop a fully RTL VM based website you need to master a lot of core Vm files.
In other words we need to prepare our own version of VM untill the developer team will consider to include the RTL support within the standard version.

Joomla-Israel

Quote from: aravot on May 21, 2008, 22:12:08 PM
We are open to suggestions, preferably would like help from a dev who knows RTL.
The first thing we have to do is move ALL of inline CSS styles to file. This will give a chance to prepeare RTL version of CSS styles without necessity to master the core files.

The second thing is upgrade all of 3rd party JS script to the latest versions. For example, the current version of WZ Tooltip is outdated and doesn't support RTL mode.

Ideally it would be perfect if also VM admin did use themes like Joomla does with support for both LTR and RTL languages

aravot

Quote from: Joomla-Israel on May 22, 2008, 07:15:22 AM
The first thing we have to do is move ALL of inline CSS styles to file. This will give a chance to prepeare RTL version of CSS styles without necessity to master the core files.

This is a big job, I don't see it happening anytime soon unless someone provides us all the files, k0nan has joined VM as User Interface/Layout guru, if you have a team that can work on this you could contact k0nan and make this happen.

QuoteThe second thing is upgrade all of 3rd party JS script to the latest versions. For example, the current version of WZ Tooltip is outdated and doesn't support RTL mode.

I will try to get this in VM 1.1.1 or VM 1.1.2, which other 3rd party scripts need updating.

QuoteIdeally it would be perfect if also VM admin did use themes like Joomla does with support for both LTR and RTL languages

This has to wait until almost all VM 1.1.x bugs are fixed, unless someone provides us updated files so it will be matter of just copying it over.

mtk

Quote from: aravot on May 22, 2008, 09:30:16 AM
This is a big job, I don't see it happening anytime soon unless someone provides us all the files, k0nan has joined VM as User Interface/Layout guru, if you have a team that can work on this you could contact k0nan and make this happen.
Should I jump in...?

Joomla-Israel

Started on what?
I think such kind of work should be done in alignment with core dev team