Author Topic: issue with Bulgarian  (Read 6205 times)

wellbuiltwebsites

• Beginner
issue with Bulgarian
« on: May 26, 2008, 11:24:51 am »
Hi,

I posted this in general questions, but it may be more suitable here, help! - i'm desperate now!

- I'm using VM 1.1 and Joomla 1.0.15.

I have installed the virtuemart language pack and have joomfish installed too. The problem I have is that when I choose to display the Bulgarian language I get the following instead of the actual translation:

���������

this replaces all Bulgarian text, although I have no translations added for the actual products surely it should still translate the VM standard text?

-it works fine with the other languages, but not with Bulgarian, any ideas?

A K

• Beginner
Re: issue with Bulgarian
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2008, 08:13:26 am »
joomla 1.0.15 is not UTF-8
Virtuemart 1.1 is UTF-8
so it might give you all sort of problems.
actually, there's no good reason to stick to joomla 1.0.x

wellbuiltwebsites

• Beginner
« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2008, 16:08:02 pm »
so are you saying that there is NO solution for this. Am i better to downgrade VM, I can't use J 1.5 for this project?

apostoloff

• Beginner
    • Joomla Bulgaria
« Reply #3 on: May 27, 2008, 16:49:18 pm »
There is a solution. You need to build the whole of your site in UTF-8 and to convert the Bulgarian language files into it.

thy

• Beginner
« Reply #4 on: May 28, 2008, 06:55:26 am »
I have using joomla 1.0.15 and VM 1.1.0 but when input Product Description is font show error, everything else working is fine. My charset Joomla and VM is utf-8,language vietnamese. Any ideas fix the problem  :'( ?Thanks

Pisu

• ..still looking for..
    • Blog di Stefano Bagnatica
« Reply #5 on: May 31, 2008, 08:03:36 am »
I have using joomla 1.0.15 and VM 1.1.0 but when input Product Description is font show error, everything else working is fine. My charset Joomla and VM is utf-8,language vietnamese. Any ideas fix the problem  :'( ?Thanks

Maybe the database tables are still in ANSI encoding? Try looking with PHPMyAdmin... The table for product description is jos_vm_products, try to change the charset of its fields, with UTF-8.
Pisu - Team VMItalia (Supporto Italiano VirtueMart)
www.stefanobagnatica.it | www.vmitalia.net