News:

Support the VirtueMart project and become a member

Main Menu

Virtuemart Data Migration from 1.0.* to 1.5.*

Started by steve1084, March 27, 2008, 14:45:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

steve1084

Just wondering if anyone has ideas on the best way to migrate virtuemart shop data, images,files etc from joomla 1.0.* to joomla 1.5.*

CSV can migrate much of the data but not everything, are there planes for a special migration script.

Thanks
Karim :)
Microsoft manager to programmer: You start coding. I'll go find out what they want.

jenkinhill

I think it is more difficult to migrate from Joomla 1.0.x to 1.5.x than it will be to migrate from VM1.0.x to 1.1

As I understand it, a script will be available for VirtueMart migration.
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

steve1084

Quote from: jenkinhill on March 27, 2008, 22:05:42 PM
I think it is more difficult to migrate from Joomla 1.0.x to 1.5.x than it will be to migrate from VM1.0.x to 1.1

As I understand it, a script will be available for VirtueMart migration.

Yes this is what I was meaning as I would like to migrate my 1.0 joomla site to joomla 1.5 and use the new virtuemart 1.1 as it looks and behaves way nicer than the old 1.0 version. Many many thanks to all the contributors, it realy is very nice.

If there is any such script available yet.  I am quite willing to do some testing.

I have about 1200 products I need to migrate, I dread the thought of starting from scratch again to build the shop.

Thanks
Steve
Microsoft manager to programmer: You start coding. I'll go find out what they want.

kilian73

I am also searching for this script to migrate my Products.
Where could i get it?  ???

Greetz
kili

jenkinhill

It is now built in to the manual installation package, which includes a .pdf file of instructions. http://dev.virtuemart.net/cb/proj/doc.do?doc_id=1328

Don't forget to back up first.....
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

MoonWizard

NICEE!!!!!!

A question first... this script upgrades from VM 1.0.15 to VM 1.1.0 RC3 in a Joomla 1.0.15?? Does VM 1.1 work in Joomla 1.0.15?

And then will be possible to move all data to a VM 1.1 in Joomla 1.5.2?

Thank you very much!!!  ;D

jenkinhill

Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

MoonWizard

Thankyou jenkinhill!

So the process is...

1. Migrate from VM 1.0.15 to VM 1.1

2. Migrate all data + VM 1.1 to Joomla 1.5.X, isn't it? Am I correct?

Thank you!!

jenkinhill

I did a site the other way round, updating Joomla first. That took longer as I had some custom code to recreate. The VM update was really quick.
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

MoonWizard

Ok!!!

Thank you!! I will try upgrading first Virtuemart and then Joomla.

Virtuemart ROCKS!!!!  ;D

TRIPLEdm

Thank you for this post.

I dont want to sound like idiot but for some reason I cannot find the Joomla Migration tool... it's more than likely infront of me but just cannot find it.

Can you please help?

And am I correct that migration instructions is in the PDF file included with VM 1.1 files?

Thank you in advance!
JC
www.tripledm.com
www.sapromo.com
"... Yesterday is History, Tomorrow is a Mystery, Today is a gift, that's why we call it Present"

jenkinhill

Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

kilian73

Hi There

I've got an other Question.
Could you help me with the migrations Tool?

What are the Plugins and the Table Files that i have to copy in this Migrator Directory?
Where can i find this Files? (virtuemart.sql and the Tablefiles.php)
Are they in the Virtuemart Installationpackage?

Thanks for your Answer.

Greetz
kili

lowlight

Quote from: jenkinhill on April 14, 2008, 10:07:14 AM
You get the Joomla Migrator from Joomla!!
http://docs.joomla.org/Migrating_from_1.0.x_to_1.5_Stable
And see http://forum.joomla.org/viewtopic.php?f=430&t=283807
So just to make sure, before I mess anything up.

You are saying that once we have upgraded to VM 1.1, we can then upgrade to Joomla 1.5 simply by using the base migrator component found here? You are saying that we don't need to use a 3rd party migrator plugin?

aravot

That is a Joomla question to be 100% it is better to ask in their forum, I have not yet updated a site from Joomla 1.0.x to Joomla 1.5 so not sure of side effects.

Make sure you BACKUP before proceeding.