News:

Support the VirtueMart project and become a member

Main Menu

No Account Creation - Can't use same email

Started by Martina L, March 27, 2008, 00:51:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Martina L

I am having a problem when trying to test Joomla 1.5 and VM 1.1 RC2 when I have Account type set to No Account Creation and when I go and try and purchase it just keeps bringing up the register screen over and over when I click submit.

I worked out that this was happening when the email address i was using was already against a user in the backend.
But
a) user shouldn't be being saved if I have "No Account Creation" should they? And if they are simply for a virtuemart side then if a user comes back to the site to purchase again they should be able to add this info again because to them they shuoldn't have an account
b) No error came up saying that this email address had already been used, it just kept showing the page over and over

c1scok1d

I'm having the same problem, have you found a solution?

Soeren

Try to disable "Check for unique Email" in the Joomla! configuration.
btw: An account is created anyway even if the registration type "No Account Creation" might indicate something different. Such anonymous accounts are for data consistency.

ciao, Sören
The future of eCommerce: VirtueMart & Joomla!
http://virtuemart.net

Martina L

Where do I find this check?

And I understand what your saying about the need for data consistency, as long as the user doesn't know that it is being created that is fine.

burn

Even though virtuemart 1.1 allows 'no registration' if a shopper purchases anonymously (i.e. without registering) a new record is entered in the Joomla users database (and email is assigned as the username). It is then not possible for the shopper to purchase anonymously again next time round with the same email.

This is an issue we must address.

Any ideas?

Martina L

It is true, but it is an issue with Joomla 1.5 not allowing duplicate email addresses

Martina L

Well I have been able to get this to work.
I have no account creation set and when I submit one order it is fine, if I go back to submit another order the next day and try and use the same email address it doesn't error but won't go past the registration page.

aravot

Either your setup is wrong or since you upgraded from RC3 not all files where overwritten.

To make sure it is working try my test site.

Martina L

thanks i'll give it a go and get back to you

burn

Hey aravot. You're right. I managed to update to the latest stable version (was on RC2 before) and now it allows anonmymous login as requested. Thanks!

Burn

Martina L

This is not working for me still, I keep submitting the details on the registration page and instead of continuing on through the checkout process it just  keeps jumping back to the shop homepage??

Martina L

I have fixed this, it was to do with having a secure https site set