News:

Support the VirtueMart project and become a member

Main Menu

Bug in Layout when checking out?

Started by patrik60, March 26, 2008, 01:53:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

patrik60

Site layout is breaking when checking out. I tried this:

1. Adding a product into the cart using "use ajax enabled".
2. checking out 1. step, the site layout is ok, have a look at attachment "firststepcheckout.jpg"
3.  when doing the second step attachment is changing (losing navigation, loosing header etc), have a look at secondstepcheckout.jpg

or:

1.Adding a product into the cart using " use ajax disabled".
2. checking out 1. step, the site layout is wrong as in secondstepcheckout.jpg

Is this a bug or is something wrong in my configuration? can anybody replicate this?

VM rev 1323, Joomla 1.5.2 (no problems in Joomla 1.0.15)
php 5.2.5

[attachment cleanup by admin]

patrik60

May be I've found the problem:

I'm using a different template for my index page (starsite or frontpage). Since the URL changes into www.mysite.ch/index.php after the first checkout step, the layout of my startsite (index page) will be taken. If "Use Ajax to add, update or delete products from the cart" is disabled, the URL changes also in the first chekout step into www.mysite.ch/index.php. That means, that the other template will be taken also in the first checkout step.

Somehow difficult to explain. But I hope, it can be replicated (?).

It only happens with Joomla 1.5, no problems with Joomla 1.0.15.

[attachment cleanup by admin]

jenkinhill

There have been suggestions elsewhere of a template switching problem with Joomla 1.5.x

On going to the cart there should be a switch to SSL, to the url set on VM Configuration/Security - have you tried changing this?
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

patrik60

Do you mean changing the SECUREURL?

I tried this without success.

Martina L

I don't think this has to do with changing templates because I am using the one template and a similar thing happens to me. My whole site is fine accept for when I go to the checkout page and my menu on the right drops right down to the bottom underneath my main content section. this only started happening after I went from vm1.1 RC! to vm 1.1RC2

Martina L

Has anyone found a resolution to either of these issues?

1. When you have a different template for the homepage than the rest of the site parts of the checkout display the wrong template
2. Since upgrading to RC2 my menu is dropping off the side on another site where only one template is used for the whole site.

rgsummerlin

patbe60-
i'm having the same issue. anyone find an answer to this?

my deal:
2 templates
- homepage template
- backpages template
when i checkout, on the Ship Method, Payment, and Complete Order page, it reverts back to the homepage template.
the backpages template is (of course) set as the default template.

any thoughts?