Support the VirtueMart project and become a member

Main Menu

Bugs in Product Type Parameter processing

Started by doorknob, March 22, 2008, 17:45:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

doorknob

Hi,
I found the following issues:

The Add/Change form for Product Type Parameters includes the Image/Pagebreak/Readmore buttons but if they are used, the result is discarded and so they should be removed from the form.

The Parameter Name is used as a column name when extending the ...product_type_n table but is not validated for suitable value. The info tooltip mentions this but the user may not have read this and it not intuitive that this will be used as a column name and many users will not understand the implications anyway. The way the form is processed varies according to the values entered in the paramater Name field and produces unpredicatble results. Some examples follow:
1 Embedded $ in the parameter name - error detected and reported.
2 Embedded space - error not detected, column was created successfully with embedded space in the name. For this to be successfully incorporated into generated sql queries would require special consideration and would almost certainly cause unpredicatable results
3 Embedded & - error not detected, column with the entered name successfully added, on attempting to reload the record into the edit form, the following php error was generated: "Illegal variable _files or _env or _get or _post or _cookie or _server or _session or globals passed to script."

Pale by comparison, the add/change form has the image/pagebreak/readmore buttons below the Parameter Description field. These should be removed because they are not appropriate (any values inserted as a result of using them is automatically discarded)

Tested with nightly build from 21/3/2008
Joomla 1.5.1
Apache 2.2.8
MySQL 5.0.51a
PHP 5.2.5

Regards
Phil

webgobe

I had a similar error, and others experienced it, see for example this post.
http://forum.virtuemart.net/index.php?topic=59809.msg196479#msg196479
In that particular case the error's cause was simple: instead text a plain number was used as an imputbox's ID. By changing the code accordingly I was able to eliminate the error. The fixed shipping module can be downloaded there:
http://www.webgobe.ro/en/file/17-sku-based-shipping-for-virtuemart.html
I guess that in this case the problem is caused by something similar. The column name mai have only numerals.
Like a fine wine... Good from the start and getting better over time.