News:

Support the VirtueMart project and become a member

Main Menu

Switch between vendors

Started by Martina L, March 18, 2008, 00:25:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Martina L

I have Joomla 1.5 and VM 1.1 RC2 installed.

I have multiple vendors (one for each country we ship to) and a price for each product set in the vendors currency.

When users first go to the site I want them to click on a flag and it will set the vendor to use for their entire visit so they see the prices in the associated currency. Is this possible?

I don't want to use the currency convertor because I have set prices in different currencies.

Martina L

Has anyone tried to use the mutli vendors in vm 1.1??

jenkinhill

Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

Martina L

I know but isn't vm 1.1 in test, so shouldn't people be trying it out?

jenkinhill

You can certainly test it, but as I understand it this element will not be targeted towards supporting different vendors in different countries. As you do not wish to use the currency converter I suspect that you will be looking at more than one Joomla/VM installation with some db synchronisation between sites?
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

Martina L

Ok, so the best way for me to offer multiple currencies and "set" prices for these currencies is to use multiple virtuemart installations, i.e. an different installation of vm for each store/currency?

Martina L

Because I noticed that you can add multiple prices in different currencies and for different shopper groups to a product??

jenkinhill

This part of the code is not fully implememented, but there may be enough functionality for you. I have not tested this area of VirtueMart.
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Martina L

Hi,
So the best way to offer products in different prices (not using the currency convertor) would be to install Joomla/Virtuemart multiple times? this seems like alot fo maintenance going foward though, are there any other ways?

The reason for not using the currency convertor for the multiple prices is because we sell the products offline as well from a order sheet which is only reprinted when we run out and the prices are fixed on here for different currencies and we need to have the products online to have the same pricing as to not confuse customers.

jenkinhill

Quote from: Martina L on March 26, 2008, 01:12:31 AMthis seems like alot fo maintenance going foward though, are there any other ways?
I don't know of any other ways at the moment. I have one database driving 3 different Joomla/VM installs on test for a client site, with different prefixes for the VM tables but sharing the Joomla native content. Seems to work - so far... But this will be only for about 100 products.
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Martina L

Thanks Jenkinhill, how did you set this up?