News:

Looking for documentation? Take a look on our wiki

Main Menu

Enable plugins/mambots in product description or flypage?

Started by ddc441, February 29, 2008, 20:07:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ddc441

I noticed what appears to be a new line of code in the 1.1 version of the shop.product_details page.

Line 109
$product_description = vmCommonHTML::ParseContentByPlugins( $product_description );
Does this allow the use of Joomla plugins such as video players, slide shows, etc. in the product description?

I tried some simple plugins but it did work. If this is its purpose, is this feature working yet?

unleash.it

There is a checkbox in the VM configuration called "enable content mambots/plugins in descriptions". Try checking that.

Would someone be willing explain what the limits are to this? Is it just the descriptions or can we place plug-in code into the template files themselves? Also, can I add a plug-in into short descriptions? Example: have an mp3 player for each product on browse pages.

ddc441

Boy I hate it when I overlook the obvious! I need to spend less time looking at the code and more time looking at the control panel!   ;D

Works like a charm with the 1.5 version of Tabs and Slides.

Iselin

hi
I'm looking for the same but I can not find this check box, can u tell me where is that ?
thanks

ddc441

Go to your VM 1.1 component click on configuration.

Look on the "Global" tab under the heading Frontend Features. It's the first option.

HTH

mckayc

Perhaps I am misunderstanding what this feature does.  It seems to me that this would enable any plugin that works with Joomla to also work within the Virtuemart pages.  I am trying to use an inline product plugin; it works in any of the Joomla pages but not with any of the Virtuemart pages regardless if this option is checked or not. 

korb

how can I call content plugins in VM product description? Like in this topic here.
Danny