News:

You may pay someone to create your store, or you visit our seminar and become a professional yourself with the silver certification

Main Menu

Can we be of any help on QA Testing if we have never used VM before ?

Started by milka, February 26, 2008, 19:29:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

milka

hi guys,

just wondering, i'm on J1.5 going to upgrade to 1.5.1 and have never installed VM before, i want to set up my shop somestage with it.

can i be of any help and if so how for QA Testing.. is there somewhere a little help on what to install for a newbie to go along and do something useful for you guys ?

thanks in advance,
Olivier

milka

great,

i'll install my joomla 1.5.1 on my localhost and then i'll install VM 1.1 night build to see what everything looks like and see how i go from there.

any board or doc on installation ? last time i tried, i just installed everything any old how without having any clue and it was a total mess :).

milka

hi aravot,

thanks sooo much. well now i have no excuse left not to try to install my VM.

I have managed to have 4 installs of Joomla 1.5.1 on my local apache to play around, with and without demo data. one for VM with my site etc... i'm still working on my template at the same time for my content, so it's all mixed up but i'll get there and help how i can... on my way now to get a nightly build.

BTW Did we solve this question of not "overwriting" the db & content on every night build upgrade ?