News:

Looking for documentation? Take a look on our wiki

Main Menu

[CAN NOT DUPLICATE] Related Products

Started by brettjohnson, February 17, 2008, 19:13:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

brettjohnson

Hi;

First, I'd like to thank your for making such a great shopping system.

Second, I'm have a problem with the Related Products.  I am unable to get a list of any products in order to add the relation.  I understand that the field is a search field.  I've tried searching with product name, category and SKU.  All I get is a popup box that states it's searching, then the box disappears. 

I searched the forum and the bug tracker without success.  I also had a read of the documentation and I think I'm using this feature correctly.

Am I missing something, or is this a possible bug?

I'm running Joomla 1.0.13 with the VirtueMart 1.1 nightly build from yesterday.  This occurs in both the simple and extended layouts.

Any thoughts, suggestions will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Brett

unleash.it

I've found the search a bit tricky myself. Sometimes I have to click in and out of the box a few times to get it to work. Perhaps it's browser related... Have you tried using Firefox instead of IE?

brettjohnson

Hi;

Thanks for the reply.  I actually tried it in both Firefox and IE. Neither work.  I also tried it with Joomla 1.0.14 with no success.  It doesn't really matter now as I moved to Joomla 1.5.1.  It works fine in there.  It's just sad that I have to trade SEF support for Product Linking.  But, I do like the new Joomla and good SEF support shouldn't be too far away.

Thanks
Brett

aravot

Tried with

Joomla 1.0.13 and VM 1.1 b1267
Joomla 1.5 and VM 1.1 b1267
Extend and Simple layout view

Work as expected.

doyley3

Hi I have this problem, using joomla 1.5.3, virtuemart 1.1 stable. no products show in drop down box or on search. Have tried in both extended and simple layout.