News:

Support the VirtueMart project and become a member

Main Menu

Installing VM1.1 on Joomla 1.5

Started by Iain, November 16, 2007, 18:18:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Iain

Apologies to all if this is an old one with an easy answer, but I have spent most of the afternoon searching these boards for an answer and have come up with precisely nothing.

I want to set up a test installation of Joomla 1.5/VM1.1 - I am aware of all the warnings about the development states of both bits, but want to check out what's coming.

After experiencing some challenges I managed to get the component 'installed' by unpacking and copy the files up to the server and doing the installation from the newly created folder.

The problem is that when I try to activate the component - whether by clicking 'Install Sample Data' or going 'Straight to the Shop', I get the following error message:

Fatal error: Call to undefined function: vmget() in /homepages/14/d196787087/htdocs/clubpay/administrator/components/com_virtuemart/admin.virtuemart.php on line 37

I have the latest versions of both Joomla and VM freshly downloaded today. Can anyone help?

Iain

PHP Built on:  Linux infong 2.4 #1 SMP Thu Jan 13 08:59:31 CET 2005 i686 unknown 
Database Version:  5.0.45-log 
Database Collation:  utf8_general_ci 
PHP Version:  4.4.7 
Web Server:  Apache/1.3.33 (Unix) 
Web Server to PHP interface:  cgi 
Joomla! Version:  Joomla! 1.5.0 Production/Stable [ Takriban ] 5-October-2007 21:00 GMT 
User Agent:  Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 7.0; Windows NT 5.1; .NET CLR 1.0.3705; .NET CLR 1.1.4322; Tablet PC 1.7; .NET CLR 2.0.50727) 

The most recent daily build of VM1.1

aravot

From the info you gave version of Joomla 1.5 is not clear if you are using RC3 you have to update to nightly build of Joomla 1.5 as many changes were done to legacy mode of Joomla 1.5 post RC3, which is required for VM 1.1 nightly build (current nightly build is 1039)

Iain

That might be it then. I have the straight RC3 - didn't look for or expect a nightly build at RC3. I'll try digging a bit further but that's at least a direction to look in. Many thanks

Iain

OK, so I have acquired the latest nightly builds for both Joomla - checked the timestamps against the first package I had - and VM and done a clean install of both - same issue, same error message. I did notice that my provider seems to be on PHPv4.4.7 - would this have a bearing? Does it need to be v5 and above?

jenkinhill

There is a problem in the latest nightly version of VirtueMart - 1039, 15 November.
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

Iain

That could be the problem them. Would you expect that problem to be resolved in the most recent nightly build? If not, any ideas when?

Thanks for the response

arsoy

Quote from: aravot on November 22, 2007, 07:46:32 AM
Did you manage to install?
i think i understand what your trying to say... it doesn't install right?
cuz i tried installing it but nothing happens... its the same with the modules and bots... i was using firefox.
but i tried to install using IE and i got through. but i got issues with the sample data.
hope you guys fix that soon. good luck dev team!

arsoy

KG6BGJ

Similarly, I am not able to install VM v1.1.0 with Joomla v1.5.1. From the menu /Extensions/Install/Uninstall I go to the Install screen, browse to the file com_virtuemart_.zip and click Upload File & Install. The browser switches to http://localhost:8888/administrator/index.php which is just blank white and does nothing. If I look in the temp directory I see the file was copied there, but nothing was actually unzipped or installed anywhere. Is a manual install required at this stage in the development or am I missing something? I've tried both Safari v3.0.4 and Firefox 2.0.0.12 for macintosh. Any information would be greatly appreciated. Thanks! -->JR