Author Topic: Language Manager for VM 1.1  (Read 169915 times)

brek

• Beginner
Re: Language Manager for VM 1.1
« Reply #45 on: August 23, 2008, 12:35:43 pm »
no one cant help me??

LaLa

• Beginner
« Reply #46 on: August 26, 2008, 21:07:55 pm »
i'm having the same problem... I downloaded the language tool as is develloped by the topicstarter, then I downloaded the languagepack and now I have a bunch of languages for the different virtuemart screens/parts. But it is impossible to use this tool to change the language on the site itself. I am starting to wonder what the intention of the developer was: just being able to translate the files, or also be able to incorporate them into the site. Or does that have to be done manually? I'm really at a loss here. Just as shown on the screenshots on the previous page it is possible to select the screen you wish to translate and to switch to that part and language, but applying the translated file to the site is a No-No.

If anyone could get in touch with the dev, it would be highly appreciated.

LaLa

• Beginner
« Reply #47 on: August 26, 2008, 21:17:45 pm »
Well... after just f*cking around a bit, and using the preview site function in joomla itself, the language did switch to dutch in my case, so for me the problem seems to be solved for now, but it's not a true solution of course. Too bad, it would have been nice to be able to manage the languages on demand, or make it available to end users too. My opinion? Unbelievable that this isn't a native function of Virtuemart. Ah well... I guess we can't have it all, right?  ;)

brek

• Beginner
« Reply #48 on: August 27, 2008, 07:22:05 am »
Lala,

Do u have any messenger? I want to talk to you.

LaLa

• Beginner
« Reply #49 on: August 28, 2008, 14:46:32 pm »
I'm assuming you mean the topic starter. If not, and you want to talk to one of us, you can always send a private message, I think... most forums have that option. This one you can email people and I think use forum embedded messaging system?

ruirui

• Beginner
« Reply #50 on: October 06, 2008, 08:07:58 am »
Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in ..\test\shop\administrator\components\com_martlanguages\admin.martlanguages.html.php on line 163

I'm getting this error while trying to use this component.

Is there something to do, or something I missed ?

aurax

• Beginner
« Reply #51 on: November 04, 2008, 10:43:35 am »
Hi,

I'm experiencing some issues with language manager:

trying to translate virtuemart to hebrew (utf-8) i noticed that charset code (utf-8) in the language file is empty although i typed it in the language manager, second thing is i see the error:
Code: [Select]
Parse error: syntax error, unexpected T_STRING, expecting ')' in /home/yifahaz1/public_html/shop/administrator/components/com_virtuemart/languages/common/hebrew.php on line 392
Seems like langmanager component does not write "\'" where needed:

'PHPSHOP_FILES_NOT_FOUND' => 'Sorry, but the requested file wasn't found!',

Any workaround for this?

thank you!

thorvar

• Beginner
« Reply #52 on: November 08, 2008, 22:39:42 pm »
I´ve installed the Language Manager, when I create new language edit and safe it, I'm not able to click on it to do some extra editing (translation),I only get empty document (white) any clue? :-o

Pisu

• ..still looking for..
    • Blog di Stefano Bagnatica
« Reply #53 on: November 19, 2008, 11:11:24 am »
Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in ..\test\shop\administrator\components\com_martlanguages\admin.martlanguages.html.php on line 163
I'm getting this error while trying to use this component.
Is there something to do, or something I missed ?
What language are you trying to edit?
Pisu - Team VMItalia (Supporto Italiano VirtueMart)
www.stefanobagnatica.it | www.vmitalia.net

Pisu

• ..still looking for..
« Reply #54 on: November 19, 2008, 11:48:26 am »
Hi,
I'm experiencing some issues with language manager:
trying to translate virtuemart to hebrew (utf-8) i noticed that charset code (utf-8) in the language file is empty although i typed it in the language manager, second thing is i see the error:
Parse error: syntax error, unexpected T_STRING, expecting ')' in /home/yifahaz1/public_html/shop/administrator/components/com_virtuemart/languages/common/hebrew.php on line 392Seems like langmanager component does not write "\'" where needed:
'PHPSHOP_FILES_NOT_FOUND' => 'Sorry, but the requested file wasn't found!',Any workaround for this?
thank you!
Try manually change "wasn't" to "wasn\'t" in language file, and see if in next savings, it works...

Pisu

• ..still looking for..
« Reply #55 on: November 19, 2008, 12:01:04 pm »
I´ve installed the Language Manager, when I create new language edit and safe it, I'm not able to click on it to do some extra editing (translation),I only get empty document (white) any clue? :-o

Ok so it's the same issue as aurax. Please try installing the package attached. Let me know if anything works correctly.

[attachment cleanup by admin]

aurax

• Beginner
« Reply #56 on: November 20, 2008, 05:17:13 am »
thank you, i will test it and report.

arathra

• Beginner
« Reply #57 on: January 19, 2009, 12:17:38 pm »
I'm having a strange problem here.
I installed the language manager along with Greek (English is the default language).
The file (e.g. common/greek.php) is writeable. I edit an item and then click APPLY or SAVE at which point I am redirected to the Admin home page with no change being recorded.
Can anyone help with this?

As an update on this after more experimentation, it seems that some of the files will translate successfully; the one which never will, however, is common.php. That always returns me to the front page of admin with no changes.

Imago

• Beginner
« Reply #58 on: February 18, 2009, 01:47:35 am »
Unfortunately, I can only confirm this. Files with no missing phrases are being edited successfully, while those with red fields are redirecting after Save or Apply to /administrator/index.php

This however is not a rule, as product/bulgarian.php has only white fields and still redirects to the admin homepage.

lucato

« Reply #59 on: April 24, 2009, 23:57:41 pm »
Hi Pisu, nice to meet you.

What amazing tool, it will save a lot of time and will help a lot. The cool stuff is that also when I have a free time I'll get to help to increase the translation file in my language and submit it for the community. Well, when I get to make it works. :0)

I've tried it with IE8 and Firefox 3.0, but when I hit APPLY or SAVE, it isn't doing anything. I mean, after hitting one of them, the Joomla sends me to the administrator index page and my file is showing that is WRITEABLE. The Language folder is set as 755. I've also tried 777 and it didn't make any difference. I tried also to change the SITE and ADM default languages to English, just to don't leave active the "Current mosConfig_lang?" of the language file I was working on (editing), and it didn't solve too. All php language files are set as 644 attribute, is that correct?

Any help please? How do I get to SAVE/APPLY the changes?

Another comment, is about a suggestions. Well, actually I'm not sure if it is possible to do with LMVM now a days. But here it goes.

1) I'd like to create my own language for VM and load it just for VM and not as whole site/administrator Joomla. I mean, some actually I'd like to help to translate the original Language from my coutry with this community, but I'd like also to have my own language, once I'll translate some items for my needs and not as it should really be, so that's why I'd like to create a "differente Language only for VM". Is that possible? How do I load/use this my own created language?

2) Another suggestion that would be cool is get to duplicate an existing language by selecting the checkbox and hittin some button, DUPLICATE. So, it would create a new language, with all previous data from the source and not all empty as new one.

3) It would be cool to get to filter/sort by legend. So, I would select from a dropdown list the option "Missing" and it would show only the missing tokens. I would select "Needs Translation" and would show only tokens that need to be translated, and so on.;

4) coming soon...