News:

You may pay someone to create your store, or you visit our seminar and become a professional yourself with the silver certification

Main Menu

List of Bugs, General Anoyances & Luxuries...

Started by amwhite2008, February 06, 2008, 20:03:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

amwhite2008

Hi

First off, Im new here, so if this is in the wrong format or something, be nice! Also, all the following has been found using VirtueMart 1.1 28 January build, one Joomla 1.5 Stable, using PHP 5.2.5 and MySQL 5.0.45, tested in IE7.

Right, bugs Ive found (dont know whether its mine or your problems)

Review Text not displayed - Added a review, and approved by admin, but only showing star rating.
Grey Box Checkout shows a Page Cannot Be Displayed.
Send To Friend & Print Product buttons open a new window, but display page cannot be displayed.

General Anoyances (Stuff that I think could do with a little changing to make the experience much better)

Creating a setting that allows the username to be the customers email address, like most online shops.
The Link to virtuemart.net that comes when you click the virtuemart logo in the cart module could do with a setting so you can change it.

Luxuries (Things that require some more work but would be great!)

Admin Ordering - So if you take a phone order, you can manually enter the details so there is a record on the website and the stock level changes.

OK, thats all for now - The website is at www.component-warehouse.co.uk/new_site if you would like to take a look. Also, all the virtuemart folders at CHMOD 755 (The component folder and admin component folder)

Thanks
Alex

aravot

Tested in Joomla 1.5 and VM 1.1 rev 1236

Quote from: amwhite2008 on February 06, 2008, 20:03:19 PM
Review Text not displayed - Added a review, and approved by admin, but only showing star rating.
Grey Box Checkout shows a Page Cannot Be Displayed.
Send To Friend & Print Product buttons open a new window, but display page cannot be displayed.
All the above works for me, could not duplicate, if anyone else has this issue please post.

Creating a setting that allows the username to be the customers email address, like most online shops.
Customer can choose whatever he/she wishes for username

The Link to virtuemart.net that comes when you click the virtuemart logo in the cart module could do with a setting so you can change it.
I little appreciation for the work we are doing, like any other opensource projects you can change the link to whatever you want.

QuoteAdmin Ordering - So if you take a phone order, you can manually enter the details so there is a record on the website and the stock level changes.
VirtueMart 1.1 is feature freeze maybe next version however there is a component for manual order http://www.onecoolbox.com

Aurélien

QuoteThe Link to virtuemart.net that comes when you click the virtuemart logo in the cart module could do with a setting so you can change it.

QuoteI little appreciation for the work we are doing, like any other opensource projects you can change the link to whatever you want.

I m actually looking for deleting this logo in the cart module, but can't find where it is set.
Not in the cart module.php, nor in the xml.
Can you help me ?
Thanks.

amwhite2008

If you right click on the logo, and select properties, in the address field is where the logo is located, just replaced that with your own. Im not sure how to change the address though...

Aurélien

Thanks for this reply.
Do someoe know how to delete the logo and the link in the code ?

Thanks.

jenkinhill

Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

Preston Moore

@jenkinhill

they are actually talking about the logo in the cart module, not the footer.  I would like to get rid of at least the link too.

@aravot

Hi Peter...I, as I'm sure others, really do appreciate the work that you and others have put into VM.  I can't speak for anyone else on this, but I will most certainly make it known that my store is powered by VM, I would just rather put it somewhere else (credits).  I've been trying to hunt down this link as well.   

Any help is greatly appreciated...
You can pick your friends, and you can pick your code, but you can't pick your friend's code.

Preston Moore

components/com_virtuemart/themes/default/templates/common/minicart.tpl.php

Please show your appreciation for the hard work of many on this project, and if you modify the link, give them credit somewhere on your site.  After all, we're making money off of their efforts....think about it.
You can pick your friends, and you can pick your code, but you can't pick your friend's code.

Aurélien

Thanks a lot.

I will put a virtuemart and a joomla link in my links.

thewitt

Quote from: aravot on February 11, 2008, 01:50:10 AM
QuoteAdmin Ordering - So if you take a phone order, you can manually enter the details so there is a record on the website and the stock level changes.
VirtueMart 1.1 is feature freeze maybe next version however there is a component for manual order http://www.onecoolbox.com

Admin Order Entry from onecoolbox does not work with Joomla 1.5 or VirtueMart 1.1.

Any other ideas?

Most of the orders we take are on the phone...

Thanks,

-t