News:

Looking for documentation? Take a look on our wiki

Main Menu

[UNDER REVIEW] Menus not working properly not saving etc.

Started by Michael, February 04, 2008, 17:54:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Michael

"Save" in a number of locations is erroring out. The backend is not framed but listed down the page. Menus in general are acting funny. Unable to edit an item because it won't save changes but, could save changes to the image through the image menu and screen.

This has been consistant through the last three installs. Now using latest nightly build Feb. 4, 2008

jenkinhill

You may have files permission problems. CHMOD VirtueMart component files backend and frontend to 644.

Important when reporting issues to say which version of Joomla,  PHP etc.
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

ruud van zuidam

same problem here, joomla 1.5 stable, vm 1.1.0 beta3 , Sever  PHP 5.25, My-SQL 5.0.45-community

ruud van zuidam

saving works in the combination;  joomla 1.5 stable  -   VM nightly build 4 feb, but the admin is still looking bad even in simple mode (tested with firefox and IE7)

Michael

The CHMOD worked to an extent. Clicking a category name does not allow me to edit the category. Also, when adding a new category and using the insert picture does nothing.

aravot

Quote from: Michael on February 08, 2008, 16:20:41 PM
The CHMOD worked to an extent. Clicking a category name does not allow me to edit the category. Also, when adding a new category and using the insert picture does nothing.

It works for me, can't replicate, for us to be able to troubleshot, when reporting bug please follow bug reporting template.

Michael

Switched to simple layout and things are working better. Still can't get images to show in categories. Not using the auto thumnail, chmod everything like you said.

Hey - Great Job! I hate coming here just to cry about things not working. Thank you!