Author Topic: restrict access to categories/products by shopper group or Joomla Group  (Read 15789 times)

ddc441

I have to admit I was a little shocked to see this feature was not available in VM.

I need the ability to restrict access to products and/or categories to a subset of my registered customers. Put another way... registered customers can see the following categories:

Shirts
Shoes
Pants
Hats

But customers added to the "Directors Only" group can see:

Shirts
Shoes
Pants
Hats
Jackets (Directors Only)

It would matter if the regular customer can see the products and/or categories, but they would not be able to add them to their cart.

Hope that makes sense.

Thanks!

vitovito

• Beginner
I have exactly the same need, anybody can help?
I believe that the solution should on the acces level of the categories just like in joomla article special, public and so on

Darrylw

• Beginner
Me too. That would be very helpful.

karlozzz

• Beginner
Me too ! Please anyone could help how to achieve this ?

karlozzz

• Beginner
It will be very helpful if you can set up special category different layout for wholesalers, etc.

doribeeler

• Beginner
Re: restrict access to categories/products by shopper group or Joomla Group
« Reply #5 on: August 12, 2010, 19:48:28 pm »
I need this as well... moderators... any chance you can reply to this post? Thank you.

davesage

• Beginner
« Reply #6 on: August 14, 2010, 14:57:13 pm »
add 1 to that request.

It would be great to be able to restrict categories/products by shopper group.

-default- (retail) customers see all products

Trade customers only see certain products that we produce in house and want to sell to trade at a discount.

At the moment trade can see all sorts of retail products that just get in the way.

mistresszhivago

• Beginner
« Reply #7 on: October 26, 2010, 18:57:35 pm »
Would also like to see ASAP.  Putting together a system for a caterer - different clients have different menus available to order.

1.  Would like to create SHOPPING GROUPS
2.  Create CATEGORIES & assign multiple groups to categories.

There are times when the menu offerins overlap and are offere to more than one client.

So, when they login, they only see the categories they are supposed to see.

Thanks!

jenkinhill

• UK Web Developer & Consultant
  • Global Moderator
  • Super Hero
  • Always on vacation
    • Jenkin Hill Internet
« Reply #8 on: October 27, 2010, 23:24:27 pm »
mistresszhivago  have you looked at what this section is for? http://forum.virtuemart.net/index.php?topic=76126.0

ASAP could be a long, long time.
Kelvyn

Jenkin Hill Internet,
Keswick, Lake District

Unsolicited PMs/emails will be ignored.

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

Currently using VM3.2.3 on Joomla 3.7.2 PHP 7.0.19

Testing VM3.2.3 on J!3.7.2

doribeeler

• Beginner
« Reply #9 on: October 31, 2010, 15:45:10 pm »
Hello jenkinhill:
I appreciate your reply and understand the intent... are you suggesting then that the feature for restricting registered shoppers to specific categories of VM does not exist yet? There are many people on this thread that are asking for that basic functionality so Im not sure if your reply to the last post of this thread applies as well to all the others...
Can you please advise?
Thanks.

mfocke

• Beginner
« Reply #10 on: February 15, 2011, 22:24:18 pm »
I was looking into this issue. I changed shop_browse_queries.php line 308 :

$join_array[] = 'INNER JOIN `#__{vm}_shopper_vendor_xref` ON (`#__{vm}_shopper_vendor_xref`.`user_id` ='.$auth['user_id'].' AND `#__{vm}_shopper_vendor_xref`.`shopper_group_id`=`#__{vm}_shopper_group`.`shopper_group_id`)';

It used to be a LEFT JOIN, but now the pricing for the shopping group MUST exist, otherwise the product is not listed.

You must fill in _shopper_vendor_xref properly of course.

It seemed to work.

rapinduke

• Beginner
« Reply #11 on: February 16, 2011, 03:28:25 am »
I have almost the same issues however the add shopping group was unable to fix the issues
I have products that vary in price by size
my site is www.jazzydogwear.com however
i did not want to build another website if i can create a custom user group for this issue it could solve many problems i have with my wholesale clients.

my site shows retail prices, however i have alot of wholsale clients that buy at much reduced prices. the coupons are not good enough for these people becuase its possible for me to lose money on hight priced items that dont have a high markup.

so under the product status i have my attributes
of color and size my prices change based on size, however if you could add a new attribute next to each "size property i create" picking the user groups to be associated with a wholesale price based on lets say bronze, silver, gold and platinum I would then choose what member needs to see what price, i can then associate each member to that group.

because all my prices change based on size and i have the same product with 7 seperate prices varying from XXX-small to XXlarge and the current retail user
see's the retail prices but i can not get my wholesale clients to see thier prices which vary based on the amount of volume they do.

so the shopping groups can not make the appropriate changes becuase i need a few more attributes for the product status without building a new website.

can anyone help.

thank you in advance for your time

jenkinhill

• UK Web Developer & Consultant
  • Global Moderator
  • Super Hero
  • Always on vacation
    • Jenkin Hill Internet
« Reply #12 on: February 17, 2011, 17:48:56 pm »
rapinduke this is not what this forum section is for, as it is for suggestions of facilities to be included in future versions of VirtueMart. It is certainly something to consider for VM2.1

There is a third party mod which may provide a partial solution:
http://extensions.joomla.org/extensions/extension-specific/virtuemart-extensions/virtuemart-administration/15628
Kelvyn

Jenkin Hill Internet,
Keswick, Lake District

Unsolicited PMs/emails will be ignored.

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

Currently using VM3.2.3 on Joomla 3.7.2 PHP 7.0.19

Testing VM3.2.3 on J!3.7.2

cliffclof

• Beginner
« Reply #13 on: March 08, 2011, 05:15:28 am »
:(

codeless

• Beginner
« Reply #14 on: January 19, 2015, 19:09:12 pm »
Is this implemented yet? I do not see any mention of it in the features but is very important! I searched the forum but could find anything on it.