News:

Looking for documentation? Take a look on our wiki

Main Menu

Multiple conversion during checkout when changing currency

Started by SwPz, February 02, 2008, 09:39:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SwPz

Hi, I was trying to test VM1.1Beta3 on J1.5 and was adding the sample product into the cart and trying to checkout. The default currency is USD. But I added a few currency under the currency convertor as I wanted to try that function.

Currently, if I used the default USD to perform checkout, the process is smooth with all the calculations being correct. But when I try to use other currency, for example SGD as the currency, the calculation of the order will be wrong. I realize this is because during 'checkout step2: shipping method', the amount for shipping fee display is already converted to SGD and display in SGD, let's assume this amount being SGDX. But when I click next to go on to 'step 3: Payment method', the amount displayed will be (SGDX*currencyrate from USD to SGD), meaning it convert the shipping rate again, when it should not have.

The example I was trynig to checkout is Hammer (default sample data in VM)

• Started with currency converted to SGD already.
    Perform checkout.
    Apply shipping address country as USD
    Shipping rate shown as DHL   World_1 >12kg   SGD64.64.
    After clicking on next, in the order details, shipping fees shown as Shipping and Handling Fee:    SGD92.44.
I believe the currency rate ECB used is 1.43 (taken from dividing 64.64/45.2, where 45.20 is the original shipping rate in USD)

Not sure if this is a problem solved, or not. :)

nestofhk

Dear ALL,

I get the same problem, Joomla 1.0.15 and VM 1.1.0 STABLE version.

If any one can help I will be very happy.

Thanks

nestofhk

any people get the same error or any one work fine with which version?

thanks

Soeren

So if I understand right, the order actually has the right shipping costs after being stored? The wrong value is just displayed during checkout?

If so, I have found the error.
The future of eCommerce: VirtueMart & Joomla!
http://virtuemart.net

josiah

Quote from: Soeren on June 12, 2008, 15:02:47 PM
So if I understand right, the order actually has the right shipping costs after being stored? The wrong value is just displayed during checkout?
No, if you select the default currency, the cost is correct.

If you select other currency, the shipping cost in "Step 2 - Ship Mothods" & "Step 3 - Payment Method" is incorrent, and correct in "Step 4 - Complete order".

Finally, the shipping cost in order is wrong if you haven't select the  default currency.

nestofhk

Quote from: josiah on June 18, 2008, 05:17:28 AM
Quote from: Soeren on June 12, 2008, 15:02:47 PM
No, if you select the default currency, the cost is correct.
If you select other currency, the shipping cost in "Step 2 - Ship Mothods" & "Step 3 - Payment Method" is incorrent, and correct in "Step 4 - Complete order".
Finally, the shipping cost in order is wrong if you haven't select the  default currency.

Seems VM1.1.1 still not fix this problem...

jilong

This problem also happen to my new VM1.1.1.

It display double convert on "basket_b2c.html.php"
It display correctly in "ro_basket_b2c.html.php" on confirm page.

But after click Confirm button, it record the double convert amount as shipping amount inside the Purchase Order.

Does any one manage to do something on this?

eidulameen

Hi Guys,  I am getting the same problem.  Does anyone knows how to solve it?

I have setup my shipping rate in USD and also the product prices in USD.  When I use US Dollar VM calculate the order correctly.

However, when I change the currency in my online shop to malaysian ringgit, VM calculate my shipping charge according to the formula stated below for my orders.  Shipping Rate and packaging fee that I set for "Sabah - Sarawak ( 0 - 2.5 kg )" is 5 USD. It is calculating the currency conversion rate twice. You can access my site at http://soundtechhifi.com/index.php.  I have attached the relevant images for your perusal.

Shipping Rate(Malaysian Ringgit)= Shipping Charge ( US Dollar ) * 3.63 * 3.63
                                = 5 * 3.63 * 3.63
                                = 66.17

Malaysian ringgit currency conversion rate is RM 3.63 = 1 US dollar

The details of the transaction is shown below.

Shipping Information
Carrier    Shipping Mode                   Price
Pos Malaysia     Sabah - Sarawak ( 0 - 2.5 kg )    MYR18.19

Order Items
Qty    Name                    SKU    Price    Total   
1    Micropod SE - Black   SCSP04-Black    MYR1 818.75    MYR1 818.75   

SubTotal :    MYR1 818.75   
                                Shipping and Handling Fee :    MYR66.17   

Total:    MYR1 884.92   

Tax Total :    MYR0.00