News:

You may pay someone to create your store, or you visit our seminar and become a professional yourself with the silver certification

Main Menu

Upgrade from 1.0.13a to 1.1?

Started by Mike C, January 28, 2008, 11:28:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mike C

I just tried to install the nightly build but it says something is already using the com_virtuemart folder... Does the nightly build not do upgrades?

rangkuk

i think u can up from 1.0.13a to 1.0.14 (coming soon) because this version design for J 1.0.x. 1.1 design for 1.5

jenkinhill

Quote from: Mike C on January 28, 2008, 11:28:42 AM
I just tried to install the nightly build but it says something is already using the com_virtuemart folder... Does the nightly build not do upgrades?

What versions Joomla & VM are you trying to "update" with the latest nightly? Sounds like you have not uninstalled a previous version of VM.
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

Mike C

Virtuemart 1.0.13a and Joomla 1.0.13.. And yes, I have not uninstalled VM, didn't realize I had to as I thought it was some sort of upgrade component.  You see, I have products in the shopping cart (database) so if I uninstall, I'd lose that stuff I imagine. Perhaps I should just wait until the RC is out?

jenkinhill

If you have a live production site then you should wait until the final stable version is released. No harm in setting up a duplicate site though with VM1.1 installed so you can help with testing?

There will be an upgrade script available at a later date.
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

Mike C

Well, no it's not a live production site, yet. I'm actually evaluating three ecommerce applications: VM 1.1, Freeway and Magento.  I looked in the back end admino of the 1.1 demo but there is no customer or order information in there and that's why I wanted to install it on my site, so I could see how those features work in the new 1.1 version......