News:

You may pay someone to create your store, or you visit our seminar and become a professional yourself with the silver certification

Main Menu

Migrating data from VM 1.0.13a to 1.1 Beta

Started by MoonWizard, January 27, 2008, 17:13:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MoonWizard

Hello!

I was asking myself if there is a way to insert data from a virtuemart 1.0.13a into a installed 1.1 beta.

Yes, I know that when a final and stable version is released, there will be a migration process, but I would love now to make some testing.

Are there changes to the mysql structure and into the images of products into the server from 1.0.13a to 1.1?

Thank you very much!  :)

AdriaanS

I'm interested in that too.

What I did:

Install Joomla 1.5
Install VirtueMart 1.1 components and his modules.

I copyed all the jos_vm_ tables from my old VirtueMart 1.0.13a database and insert them in my new database (I did this, because there was said: "There are no changes made in the database" ::)).

I got following problems:

- My prices are shown without any decimals
- Can't add any products
- The 'GreyBoxes' don't work because I can't save changes  made in VirtueMart --> Configuration --> Site --> Theme --> Configuration

When I install a clean database delivered with VirtueMart installation package, all things called above are working well.

Hope that there will be a solution soon...

soulpad

I'd like to start some testing of Joomla 1.5 and VM 1.1 nightly build.

Is there a trusted method of migrating my VM1.0 data to 1.1, so it can be installed on a local copy of J1.5?

aravot

If you guys want to try it for yourself and report any bugs you find in process go ahead but please no support questions we can't code, test, fix bugs, and give support at the same time all of us have limited time, thank you for understanding.

If your questions are not related to bugs please don't post it in Quality and Testing section.

Preston Moore

I'm interested in this as well...
You can pick your friends, and you can pick your code, but you can't pick your friend's code.