News:

You may pay someone to create your store, or you visit our seminar and become a professional yourself with the silver certification

Main Menu

[FIXED] 1.1 beta install issues

Started by buggy, January 22, 2008, 17:33:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dorjano

Yep! Just like this (your link). Well mine is centered not left aligned :-). But yes, this is the problem. And as you can see in my first post I already have 1198. Any idea?

dorjano

Sorry Aravot but I don't have the same problem as the other fellows in this tread. My Installation process went smoothly, no errors no nothing. Just  at the end when I clicked "go directly to the store" (or alike) I got this messed up admin panel. I read through and through this tread but I didn't find a right solution. Could you be more precise, please?

Cheers,

Dorjano

aravot

You need to change the permission of fetchscript.php file located in root/components/com_virtuemart/fetchscript.php changed it to what well that depends to your server configuration try 777 if that doesn't work try other combinations like 644 and etc

dorjano

Oh, Thanks! I the mean time I made a manual installation and it works. But I'll try your suggestion too. The reason for this peculiarity could be that the server is setup to allow just 2MB of upload through php. At least mine was.  VM installation is very close to 2MB so it could be a solution to install manually.

Thanks again Aravot!

cheers, D.

gandhi51

Same problem, i chmod root/components/com_virtuemart/fetchscript.php with 644.
Know it's fixed !
Thx you for the tips !

Mike C

I finally got VM 1.1 nightly build installed by extracting all the files in the zip and then creating a new zip file (the format of the zip files being posted is no good for some reason) Anyways, after getting it installed and going to the admin area, I see this (see attached screen shot)  Why is this weird layout thing happening?

[attachment cleanup by admin]

Stephane Poison

Thank you very much for me it works now on simple and extended.

Joomla 1.5.1
Webserver Apache
PHP 4.4.8
Linux server
last VM nightly build

Using Filezilla FTP client work fine, 644 for files and 755 for directories.

I'm sure this will be fixed on final release,

Thanks.