Main Menu

Page Navigation

Started by mtk, January 20, 2008, 03:08:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mtk

J!1.5 - Latest SVN
VM: 1172

In VM Global config, Site tab.

No matter what I choose for: Show Page Navigation at the Top of the Product Listing?
Page Navigation is alway shown...

jenkinhill

Confirmed with VM 1175

Database Version: 4.1.22
PHP Version:       5.2.4
Web Server: Apache
VirtueMart 1.1: Ver. 1175
Joomla! Version: Joomla! 1.5 Final  and  1.0.14RC1
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

aravot

Product navigation is controlled by flypage, that is why certain categories have and others not.

mtk

Quote from: mtk on January 20, 2008, 03:08:39 AM
In VM Global config, Site tab.

No matter what I choose for: Show Page Navigation at the Top of the Product Listing?
Page Navigation is alway shown...
then why do we have a global config if it does nothing...

jenkinhill

Ah. You mean if there are more than a full page of products in a category?  Perhaps then the wording in the cp should be clearer?
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

aravot

Actually I am not sure what it controls I thought it controlled <<Prev 1, 2, ... Next>> have been turning that on and off but can't see what it does, maybe a bug?

jenkinhill

This is all I see when on and off. There is no difference.

Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

mtk

Show Page Navigation at the Top of the Product Listing? this is the Configuration setting.
Page Navigation is still shown in browse pages & at the bottom...

If this too is controlled from Flypage, then the configuration should say that...

mtk

Quote from: aravot on January 23, 2008, 00:29:03 AM
That is controlled by flypage.
This is the code from the Default Theme:

if( $this->get_cfg( 'product_navigation', 1 )) {

regarding which setting? (it is obviously not Show Page Navigation at the Top of the Product Listing?)

Mike M

Quote from: aravot on January 26, 2008, 20:57:34 PM
I am confused too, I have requested Soeren to have a look at this.

Did this ever get addressed? I would like the product by product navigation to not be displayed. Yet when I disable the feature in the Site settings under Configuration, the navigation is still present.

I can comment this out in the flypage, but it seems to me that something is not connected between the configuration and the flypage.

The flypage even checks for a config variable:
if( $this->get_cfg( 'product_navigation', 1 )) {
if( !empty( $previous_product )) {
echo '<a class="previous_page" href="'.$previous_product_url.'">'.shopMakeHtmlSafe($previous_product['product_name']).'</a>';
}
if( !empty( $next_product )) {
echo '<a class="next_page" href="'.$next_product_url.'">'.shopMakeHtmlSafe($next_product['product_name']).'</a>';
}
}