News:

You may pay someone to create your store, or you visit our seminar and become a professional yourself with the silver certification

Main Menu

[TRACKER 1666] Recover Saved Cart

Started by patrik60, January 16, 2008, 02:15:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

patrik60

Either there is a little error or I don't understand any longer the function of "Recover Saved Cart":

1. When I'm logging in and than place an order and after logout and quit the browser before checking out, the cart will be saved. As far every thing clear.

2. When I reopen the browser place a new order and than check out (I will be asked to login) I will be directed directly to the first checkout step. "VM_RECOVER_CART" is displayed in the cart module or in the minicart in the VM module. This means to me that either there is an error with the language variable or the cart, or "Recover Saved Cart" shouldn't be displayed any longer in the checkout page (which wouldn't make sense to me until I have deleted the Saved Cart by myself)

3. Than when I cklick on any category or on "show cart" instead of continuing the checkout procedure "Recover Saved Cart" is shown again.

When I place an order before I'm logged in and than login and than logout before completing the checkout procedure the cart won't be saved. The articles are still in the cart when I just login next time I visite the shop, but there is no "Recover Saved Cart" when I place a new order before login, and the old order is lost. In my opinion the visitor should have a possibility like "Do you want to save your cart?" before he is leaving without completing the order. (May be he has to leave for any reasons and don't want to stay logged in)

So may be I don't really understand the developpers intention or I'm completely wrong with my thoughts.

Patrik

Joomla 1.0.13
VM rev 1163

patrik60

It's easy to replicate on VM testsite. Seems to me that tracker 1637 is not completely solved.

patrik60

This problem was resolved in rev 1178. but now I have the same problem again in rev 1193.