News:

Looking for documentation? Take a look on our wiki

Main Menu

[FIXED] Save button not working - fixed in 1143

Started by unleash.it, January 09, 2008, 00:32:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

unleash.it

Hi, the save button isn't working for me, either in Firefox or IE7. This goes for both simple and extended layout for any of the screens. Close, apply and reload work but the only way I can modify or add something is by going to simple layout and choosing "apply" instead of save. Is this happening with anyone else?

Also, the extension won't install on its own because favicon.ico is missing from the root directory. I got it to install only by copying over one from an older build.

unleash.it

Your fast. It's not that hard to install if you have an older build with the favicon.ico. Just copy it into the zip file...worked for me.

aravot

Quote from: unleash.it on January 09, 2008, 00:48:04 AM
Your fast. It's not that hard to install if you have an older build with the favicon.ico. Just copy it into the zip file...worked for me.

I know but I rather not mess around, after all I am testing and need to get thing right.

unleash.it

Alright, I understand. You can leave the messing around to me...

Michael Mais

No need testing the favicon error. I get the same. Just stick the favicon file into the pack otherwise nobody can test further.

Michael

Michael Mais

Just finsished new install. Also had to put the favicon in first. Then it installed with no error at all. The save button shows now reaction here too.

jenkinhill

Save not working for products and categories in 1137 either.

Database Version: 4.1.22
PHP Version:        4.4.4
Web Server: Apache
VirtueMart 1.1: Ver. 1137
Joomla! Version: Joomla! 1.5 Beta4+ Rev 9840 2008-01-03
FireFox 2
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

Michael Mais

Downloads changelog file says 1141! Installed it, no error reported "Installation success". It showed the welcome screen. I choose "go directly to store" and I get a screen full of error:
Warning: cannot yet handle MBCS in html_entity_decode()! in /www/htdocs/........../administrator/components/com_virtuemart/classes/phpInputFilter/class.inputfilter.php on line 565

Warning: cannot yet handle MBCS in html_entity_decode()! in /www/htdocs/................/administrator/components/com_virtuemart/classes/phpInputFilter/class.inputfilter.php on line 565

Warning: cannot yet handle MBCS in html_entity_decode()! in /www/htdocs/............/administrator/components/com_virtuemart/classes/phpInputFilter/class.inputfilter.php on line 565

Michael

Michael Mais

3 installs with the same result. Added the favicon which is still missing but gave no error. And I managed to take a screenshot of a summary which was displayed only for a few seconds:

[attachment cleanup by admin]

unleash.it

Thumbs up. With the newest build, everything's working for me. I now have an almost completed (and working more or less) VM 1.1 site. You guys rock...even if you don't talk much.

Michael Mais

Not here, get the same error as in Reply 10 with 1143. Error is echoed on the website if module is enabled. Two other report say it is working! I deleted all VM directories I know of. My guess is the 1141 has changed a file in Joomla. Do I have to reinstall Joomlaa?

Michael

jenkinhill

The MBCS warning is due to a bug in PHP4. Works OK with PHP5

The save buttons work just fine in 1143
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum