News:

You may pay someone to create your store, or you visit our seminar and become a professional yourself with the silver certification

Main Menu

Update nightly builds - preserving database

Started by Michael Mais, January 08, 2008, 02:44:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Michael Mais

I would like to ask again - how do I update the nightly builds preserving my entered data? Just a short howto please.

Michael

aravot

Where did you ask the first time? It depends some builds you can just overwrite the files some you need to reinstall.

unleash.it

Michael, I prefer to do fresh installs at least every few days. Once in awhile the database structure gets changed, files might get deleted, etc.  One thing that's been helping me a lot is the extension CSV Extended. I wasn't able to get the built in one working, but this thing is working great. I have a spreadsheet with all my products (including child products) and re-upload them each time.

Michael Mais

I like to use the latest developments and they are remarkably usable. Thank you for the advice that sometimes a complete new install is required.

The idea of keeping the products as cvs is very good. I am using csvimproved anyway, so if the database gets overwritten I can just upload again, matter of minutes.

Additionally it would be necessary to backup the product image directories as the images are not included in the cvs-file, only their names.

Michael