News:

You may pay someone to create your store, or you visit our seminar and become a professional yourself with the silver certification

Main Menu

[TRACKER 1617] Build 1097 won't install (on Joomla 1.5)

Started by unleash.it, December 20, 2007, 11:46:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

unleash.it

I'm getting a fatal error when I try to install the latest build:

Update Log

* Frontend Files successfully extracted.
    * Frontend Archive File successfully deleted.
    * Backend Files successfully extracted.
    * Backend Archive File successfully deleted.

Fatal error: Call to a member function get() on a non-object in C:\wamp\www\tom_and_daves\components\com_virtuemart\virtuemart_parser.php on line 52

I'm using Joomla 1.5 RC4 and php 5.2.5

The component installs successfully, but once I choose to install sample data I get the error. This also happens when I choose to go directly to store.There's nothing I can figure out to get it working so I'm going back to the previous nightly for now.

Josué (Yosu) Cadilla Andrés

-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-

Jafilia VM Affiliates 1.5 RC3 **Build 32** released on April, 17 2010.
ALL MANUAL HACKS HAVE BEEN REMOVED!

Get your own Affiliate Programe Creator and Affiliate Network Manager.
Visit our website at http://www.jafilia.com

Jafilia VM Affliliates is Free Open Source Software licensed under GNU.

-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-

unleash.it

Yes, the legacy plug in is enabled. I've been downloading each new build and testing VM 1.1 for several weeks. I never had problems installing it up until now.

dyrer

jenkinhill

The installation problem was fixed. VM 1111 installs just fine in J1.5 RC4 and later builds without using legacy mode. Still needs legacy for the mods, though.

If you can't install it check that the max upload file size in php.ini is set high enough - I use 4Mb.

And yes, the Codebeamer site is having issues right now.
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

unleash.it

This may be a separate issue, but I recently (after the fix) had a similar installation issue. The component installed ok, but when installing sample data this time the error was:

Warning: require_once(C:\wamp\www\tom_and_daves/administrator/components/com_virtuemart//sql/sql.virtuemart.php) [function.require-once]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in C:\wamp\www\tom_and_daves\administrator\components\com_virtuemart\install.php on line 136

Fatal error: require_once() [function.require]: Failed opening required 'C:\wamp\www\tom_and_daves/administrator/components/com_virtuemart//sql/sql.virtuemart.php' (include_path='.;C:\php5\pear') in C:\wamp\www\tom_and_daves\administrator\components\com_virtuemart\install.php on line 136

After installing that build and getting the error VM wouldn't uninstall, so I manually cleaned the Database and VM files. Tried reinstalling, same thing. Tried an earlier build, also same. Had to do a fresh Joomla/VM install to fix.

aravot

@ unleash.it

Could not replicate your issue, which version of Joomla are you using.

Please try latest nightly build of VirtueMart (as of this post 1117) and report back, if you are installing on Joomla 1.5 make sure you have the latest version of that too, thank you.

unleash.it

Avarot, the power is out over here in California so I can't get you the exact versions...but I install the new nightlies for both Joomla 1.5 and VM 1.1 almost daily. When I wrote the post it was Dec. 29...after the fix. As I mentioned, the problem was only fixed for me by doing a fresh install of both Joomla and VM (with the same builds). Since I restored the DB and my template, and everything was fine, I assume the problem was in the files. I think the problem is VM related, but I guess there's no way to know for sure.

aravot

Where in California are you located, I am in L.A. (Glendale area) thank God we have power, let me know once you try it, I want to start closing old obsolete topics.

unleash.it

Glad to hear you're fine. I'm in Sonoma County, about an hour north of San Francisco. Near the edge of the middle of nowhere (and lots of fallen trees). The power finally came on this morning after a day+, just enough to thaw out the freezer. It wasn't the end of the world, candlelight has its pluses...

Well I still have that install around if it makes a difference. It was VM Build 1109 and Joomla 9741. To get VM installed, I was forced do a fresh Joomla install (with those same builds). That fixed the problem for me and since than I've been ok. If there's anything more I can do to help, let me know.