News:

Looking for documentation? Take a look on our wiki

Main Menu

Couple of issues with latest nightly

Started by unleash.it, December 16, 2007, 07:49:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

unleash.it

First off, there seems to be a new problem with the new build (#1088) in the file addtocart_advanced_attribute.tpl.php. I am using Joomla 1.5 (latest nightly) and a fresh Virtuemart iinstall with only the sample data. The shop home and category pages work, but when I click on most (but not all) products to go to their detail pages, I get:

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected '}' in C:\wamp\www\tom_and_daves\components\com_virtuemart\themes\default\templates\product_details\includes\addtocart_advanced_attribute.tpl.php on line 21.

This wasn't a problem in the previous build. I'm unable to fix.

Also, the Layout dropdown menus in the admin aren't working for choosing templates (Category Template and Flypage). Choosing Browse1, Browse2, etc. have no effect.

Other problem: Joomla 1.5 SEF (native)  is only partially working. The "friendlieness" of the URL's end at the Virtuemart component and turn to standard ones with URL parameters. Normal Joomla pages are SEF, but not Virtuemart. Also, I have problems in the register/checkout process when SEF is enabled. Is this a known issue?

My stats:

PHP 5.2.4, MySql 5.0.45, Apache 2.2.4, Windows Vista

Thanks in advance!

aravot

Quote from: unleash.it on December 16, 2007, 07:49:09 AM
First off, there seems to be a new problem with the new build (#1088) in the file addtocart_advanced_attribute.tpl.php. I am using Joomla 1.5 (latest nightly) and a fresh Virtuemart iinstall with only the sample data. The shop home and category pages work, but when I click on most (but not all) products to go to their detail pages, I get:

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected '}' in C:\wamp\www\tom_and_daves\components\com_virtuemart\themes\default\templates\product_details\includes\addtocart_advanced_attribute.tpl.php on line 21.

This wasn't a problem in the previous build. I'm unable to fix.

Using Joomla 1.5 rev 9622 and VirtueMart 1.1 rev 1088, could not replicate this, on my test site I tried all the products, on which product you are havening this problem?

Also, the Layout dropdown menus in the admin aren't working for choosing templates (Category Template and Flypage). Choosing Browse1, Browse2, etc. have no effect.

Confirmed this Global setting of layout pages has no effect, i.e. when creating a new category it always uses managed even thought in Global layout browse_5 is selected, same as flypage.

Other problem: Joomla 1.5 SEF (native)  is only partially working. The "friendlieness" of the URL's end at the Virtuemart component and turn to standard ones with URL parameters. Normal Joomla pages are SEF, but not Virtuemart. Also, I have problems in the register/checkout process when SEF is enabled. Is this a known issue?

Joomla is consistently changing how SEF is handled see their latest announcement no point in trying to fix SEF compatibility when in the next RC it will change, once Joomla 1.5 is near stable we will try to fix SEF issues.

unleash.it

Thanks very much Peter for answering my questions. I appreciate everyone's work on the project and It's great to see the progress of Virtuemart as I'm building my website.

Well, I was just about to to report back about the Parse Error, but I installed the new build #1089 and it fixed the problem. In case you were curious, the detail pages of all products except the ladder and hand shovel were broken. It must have had something to do with my configuration, because when I loaded everything up to a different host (but with similar specs)...the problem went away. This was before I upgraded. After the upgrade, I'm good locally as well.

I guess you are saying that changing the layout controls in the admin are still a work in progress. That's fine with me since for this site, I found I can hack the default theme to make my changes work.

I know about the SEF situation w/Joomla...and now I understand your reasons for putting it on hold.

Things are beginning to come together, but I have a couple of other questions I'll ask in a separate topic.

soulpad

Hi,

I've noticed that the category_flypage problem is still an issue with RC2 - please ensure it isn't overlooked!

Great work so far - I'm really enoying working with 1.1.

cB