Support the VirtueMart project and become a member

Main Menu

[CONFIRMED] Error Message - "Error: Module Not Registered..."

Started by capkix, December 03, 2007, 19:48:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pixiepie

Quote from: Soeren on December 17, 2007, 21:10:45 PM
Hi pixiepie,
I have fixed the Sample SQL errors SVN. Thanks for reporting!

ciao, Sören

Thanks Soeren. Is there anyway I can get the sample data SQL file.. Pretty please?? I haven't set up any test data yet, and I could start my functional testing a whole lot faster if I could skip setting up test data.. ;D

pixiepie

I will try again.. I've got three new clients on my plate, and my regular job just assigned me to three new dev projects.. It may be a bit before I can resume my testing and get back to you..  BUT as soon as I can free up some more time to resume testing I will let you know my results..

nanqi

Hi experts,

I just got this message while I was trying to install the samples data after virtuemart was installed successfully.
Error: Module Not Registered."store" is not a valid VirtueMart core module.

I read this whole thread but am so new and don't dare to try much on my own.

Help is appreciated.

tiakari

hi
I'm getting the same error and a few similar others..
eg.
"Error: Module Not Registered."product" is not a valid VirtueMart module."

i'm a newb, so you qould have to tell me what other info you need and where to look for it, but i appreciate the assistance.

thanks

{about 20 minutes later)

i reinstalled the com_virtuemart_1.0.14 and chose to install sample data and the problem SEEMS to be fixed.

josh

I am getting this error no mater if I chose go directly to the shop or install sample data.

Virtuemart Component:

ERROR
You do not have permission to access the requested module.

Front End"
Error: Module Not Registered."shop" is not a valid VirtueMart core module.

What is strange is that this is my 3rd installation this week on the same Godaddy server for 3 different sites. And I had this problem earlier but because of Juser on another installation but removed it and it worked fine.

But I have no juser on this site.

fidel

Well. I finally installed the latest VM 1.1.2 on a fresh Joomla 1.5.8 to find this error. I am developing the site on a GoDaddy server to migrate to a dedicated Host Gator account later. To fix it, I had to perform a direct database query via PHPmyAdmin of the following files.

virtuemart.installation.addons.joomla1.5.sql
virtuemart.installation.joomla.sql
virtuemart.sample_data.sql

The following file, which I attempted to query, did not work, perhaps because it is meant for Joomla 1.0.15 and later. If this is incorrect, please advise.

virtuemart.installation.addons.joomla.sql

Everything seems to be working well, but if I made a mistake somewhere herein, please advise.

fidel

Aravot: Thanks for the effort. At least we found a solution.

SNoNo

Thank you FidelGonzales

Using :
   virtuemart.installation.addons.joomla1.5.sql
   virtuemart.installation.joomla.sql
   virtuemart.sample_data.sql
also do the trick for me with Joomla 1.5.9 and VirtueMart 1.1.3

Thanks a lot, i was spent many hours on this problem and try many many (many...) install method with Joomla and VirtueMart.

speakvolume

Using Virtuemart 1.1.3 and Joomla 1.5.11 at www.hausinterior.com/shop.
Server OS: Linux CentOS; PHP: 5.1.30; MySQL client version: 5.1.30;

I've hidden the error for now but I have attached a screen of it shot below.

Some googling led me to the following post on the forums http://forum.virtuemart.net/index.php?topic=34365.msg107355#msg107355.

I ran the 3 SQL's suggested in the above article in phpMyAdmin with the following results,

virtuemart.installation.addons.joomla1.5.sql: Success!

virtuemart.installation.joomla.sql: Error- #1050 - Table 'jos_vm_auth_group'  already exists

virtuemart.sample_data.sql: Error - #1062 - Duplicate entry '1' for key 'PRIMARY'

...and the error remains.

I'm definitely what most here would consider a newbie. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

[attachment deleted by admin]